RB25DET Racecar forsale

zr240

Now before I get murdered for doing this yes I have thought about it and I unfortunatly have to sell my car!

so here is the deal:

1971 240z

Full cams approved tower to tower rollcage

rb25det

front mount intercooler

std computer

vl turbo gearbox

3.7 LSD diff

16 x 10 wheels with dunlop slicks and wets

mazda alloy 4 spot front calipers with vented discs

mazda single spot rear calipers with vemted discs

Hawk ferro carbon brake pads

Koni inserts with sectioned coilovers

rose jointed front lower control arms

Klippan 5 point harness

race seat

Autometer tacho

Carbon bonnet and rear spoiler

foam filled race fuel tank

havent go a log book yet as was not sure which class I was going to run in.

The only thing it needs is a better clutch as the one I put in was slipping a little on boost.

$20,000 ono

Ashley 0407 503 687

post-87-144023510739_thumb.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 to 50 k i thought  may have come closer to the party, are you a recipient of the global finacial market, how much have you spent on this vehicle, dont bring the market back, i would be pushing future market figures not current, for e.g  approx 80k closer  dont you think???????

I just cannot afford to race it properly.

I dont think its worth 40-50K (maybe in labour)

If it was all perfect e.g 2pack paint job, maybe rb26det with motec etc then maybe 40 to 50K but I built it to a budget. Still if you took it somewere to get it to this stage it would probably cost you 40K!!!!

I can post more pics but you really need to see this car if you are interested :)

Ash

Ahhhh Ash the passionate Zed man. You will be sad to see it go. Hopefully someone around here can pick up a bargain.

I know what you mean about expense of racing etc. I havn't done any in over a year and still not real keen. I will keep my car in the garage for the odd drive day till things improve on the economic front. Tough climate to sell in but you never know. I have seen a lot of cars going up on the MY105 web site lately so your not on your own. Good luck.

Yer ive still got my old road car so I wount be out of the zed scene :)

Im planing to put it on mY105 next week but just thought I would see if I had interest from the Auszcar first as I would much prefer to sell it to someone here

Who knows, if it doesnt sell for what i want I might just have to race it!

Ash

• 2 weeks later...

If it was all perfect e.g 2pack paint job, maybe rb26det with motec etc then maybe 40 to 50K but I built it to a budget. Still if you took it somewere to get it to this stage it would probably cost you 40K!!!!

Bit late to this party, but don't undersell it.  We built a group S Alfetta GTV racecar for a guy which cost him around 25k - ratty interior (needs to remain fitted for group S), not fantastic paint, but mechanically strong and very fast (1:55s around Philip Island in a 2 litre!), he sold it for 50k :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Put new big ends and main bearings in when installed although when I pulled the old ones out they still looked in excellent condition.

Havent had a chance to track it but did go for a long drive (about 1 1/2) to test it out. Thats when I found the clutch was slipping a little on boost in low gears. Otherwise it runs very smooth and well. didnt think its worth tracking till I get a new clutch

Ash