Is Rare Spares the only place that i can buy a full body rubber seal kit?

JazzaDam

:) I brought a full set from Ebay USA for $225us  + $100us shipping

I found the kit very good every rubber fitted very spot on

I think it was a  19pc kit. Took 10 days to australia

I cant find the one i brought on ebay but this is one from a different seller

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Weatherstrip-kit-70-78-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQitemZ270326128750QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item270326128750&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

p.s I brought when the aus $ was good

Pauly

I knew that there was a reason that I always come to the forums before I buy anything.

I had considered Ebay, but I'm always cautious when they don't specifically specify 2+2!

and not buying from an international seller is a plus with the dollar being so bad still.

I'll ring around, and see if either Scots old auto rubber or Bill Thompson's turns out to be any good. I'll let you guys know how I go.

Slightly related question. What are you guys using to stick the buggers down ? I have a weather strip that was glued to the metal extrusion ( previous owner dont know if this is legit ) and it is coming off. Thinking of silastic or sikaflex . But if you guys are using something better can you tell me. PLease?  ;D

modular9, Mate you use Contact Adhesive (trim cement)

Paint on rubber where it mounts, paint on where its going, eg.hatch grove. let the glue go tackie and place rubber on with care.

If you use sikaflex its there for life (very hard to get off)

Dont use silastic ! silastic causes rust on body work (know fact in the motor trade)

(silastic on engines rebuilds maybe)but theres better produts of everything (loctite products)

pauly 8)

I got both rear hatch rubbers from Thompsons rubber and the inner one was fine but the outer was not good. I ended up chucking it away and doing without one. See my more detailed posts about glues etc under the "interior" section of this forum under the posting "rear hatch seals/stripped bolt..."

I`d hate to see someone else go through what i did!

Mickl

• 1 month later...