Sign in to follow this  
NZeder

NZeder 260z RB26 powered, triple DCOE throttle bodied NA project

Reading your thread Mike, is as exciting as doing it for real!

there's a way to save cash eh...

RX8 struts not grunty enough?

Are they what you have passed on to me earlier?

Cant remeber what they were off...

Great to see thread and project up and away again!

No the RX8 ones I still have and they are short - nice and short but still long enough for almost full operation. The BA units are just slightly longer = hard to get on thats for sure but work just the way I want.

Any progress on this beast NZeder?

No unfortunately I have been doing an extension to the house so painting and tiling is all I have been doing of late.

However I might take sometime of work so I can spend sometime on the car in the next few weeks.

Ok I have updated my website to a blog based site. This has resulted in all my old pics going missing. I will go back over this thread and replace them when time permits - I have/will update so thumbnails are there and when you click you will get the full pic :)

But update time I guess :)

I have told my brother (aka panelbeater) that I will not be purchasing any more toys to distract me from this project and as such I want the body home painted and ready for the big assemble by my birthday this year (August) as I want the car back on the road for summer. 13 years is long enough for it to be off the road with it sitting ideal (panel wise) for the last 7-8 years. So funds have been put a side and work has been happening :)

I am told that it will be panel finished in the next few weeks and be in the final primer, textured underneath and painted under the car bonnet :) then the final outer shell complete a few weeks after that. So 907 GP Green has been ordered and is sitting at the shop waiting for the spray gun to pass this onto the shell.

I hope to get out to the shed soon (I need to get power on that puppy so I can work at night) at finish up the engine details ie re-wiring the ECU, injectors, gauges etc.

Anyway enough sitting at the PC time to work on a the task/target list.

Check out the new site (still a work in progress only we live yesterday) and let me know what you think.

www.nzeder.net

Cheers

Mike

Great to hear progress has been made! Will be awesome to see the colour on it when done and those flares..good news Mike!

Got a txt/sms message from my panelbeater aka older brother today. He tells me the car will have the finial primer on the whole car and the underneath and inside the car will be finished in the top coat by this time next week :)

So I plan to pop over before this happens and get some more pics of the progress on the body work :)

Ok popped into the shop today and took some pics - well it has taken them longer than they thought but it will be primed tomorrow. Anyway all the little bits have been tidied up and the project is getting closer to the end of it time in the panelshop (10 years in the bro's shop sitting in the back corner only get worked on over xmas/new years every 2 years or so)

Anyway here is some new pics for you.

thumbs_panelfinish10.jpg thumbs_panelfinish9.jpg thumbs_panelfinish8.jpg thumbs_panelfinish7.jpg thumbs_panelfinish6.jpg thumbs_panelfinish5.jpg thumbs_panelfinish4.jpg thumbs_panelfinish3.jpg thumbs_panelfinish2.jpg thumbs_panelfinish1.jpg

Ok got a txt message from the brother, has asked me to coming into the shop tomorrow and to bring the camera :) so I assume all in primer and I hope they have painted some of the top coat on the car too.

Finally some painting progress has been made!  ::)

Just kidding!  Looking very schaaaaweet!

I think I want to marry those flares (I'm sure this is allowed in NZ....I kid I kid! :P), I don't know what the missus will say though......

I think I want to marry those flares (I'm sure this is allowed in NZ....I kid I kid! :P), I don't know what the missus will say though......

My wife things I have ;D

Back to the painting I just have to wait for the booth to be cleaned and washed down to the real stuff can go on ;)

Ok sorry for the delay in an update - due to deadlines on other work in the shop mine again was on the back burner....but this was the other day of the underside/underbelly :) while the guys were putting seam sealer all around the place.

thumbs_underside-prep1.jpg thumbs_underside-prep2.jpg thumbs_underside-prep3.jpg

And this is from today - I popped into the shop at lunch time. The top coat of 907 is going on all this later this week - so I will pop over later and get some more pics then :) can't wait to see how it comes out in 907 :)

Anyway enjoy I know I am :)

thumbs_texture-coated1.jpg thumbs_texture-coated2.jpg thumbs_texture-coated3.jpg thumbs_texture-coated4.jpg thumbs_texture-coated5.jpg thumbs_texture-coated6.jpg thumbs_texture-coated7.jpg thumbs_texture-coated8.jpg

Mike that looks completely fantastic .. will look really awsome when the green gets added. Do keep us posted.

Just out of interest, is that paint underneath stone guard? If so, it looks the goods and should keep things tidy for at least the next 40 yrs !!!

Got a txt on the way home from work - I have been told the 907 looks good - so I will pop over tomorrow and get some more pics :) can't wait.

Nice work, can't wait to see it in colour. The green should be awesome, especially with the Gold Wat's.

i have just read thru your build instead of working,, time well spent this car is beautiful cant wait to see the colour on it.

i have just read thru your build instead of working,, time well spent this car is beautiful cant wait to see the colour on it.

Thanks man - and since you asked for it - colour applied :) GP Green 907 factory 240z/Z432 colour was discontinued in 71 as Nissan replaced with different green.

thumbs_underside-topcoat1.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat2.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat3.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat4.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat5.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat6.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat7.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat8.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat9.jpg thumbs_underside-topcoat10.jpg

Looking good mate.

It is a lot lighter then I was expecting though. I thought the 907 was a dark green?

Doesn't look as light as the metallic green they had though.