Surly_Z

Thredbo trip

So far I've counted from ACT

Chris

Miika

Scott + 1

Sprinterboy

Myself & Anna

Alex & Shelly (friends of mine, in 300zx)

Most important question is whether we stay in Thredbo or Altitude 1260?

Like i just posted in the other one, Craig makes a good point about the cost of travel etc and Thredbo village does have a good atmosphere even in summer months.  Especially for those of us bringing partners, i think they would probably enjoy the village more too, well at least I know mine would.

So I am going to stay in the Village.

Good to hear guys. I would much prefer we all stay together. I just got off the phone and the rates are pretty good. Here they are including breakfast daily:-

Double room $165.00 + Chairlift pass for 2 $15.00

Double + 2 singles $229.00 + Chair lift pass for 4 $20.00

Double + 3 singles $278.00 + Chair lift pass for 5 $30.00

Chairlift pass is normally $28.00 pp on the day. So get a one day pass in your package. We can decide which day depending on the weather we want to walk up to Kosiosko. I presume we all want to do this. I can tell you it is a fantastic walk. you do the sums per above and you will see that this "4 star" accommodation actually works out pretty cheap. I hope this is all OK with everyone. I am told there are plenty of vacancies for that weekend 20th to 23rd Feb at the moment so no mad rush to book yet. Lets firm up numbers and room combo's and book before Christmas though.  :D

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/link.asp?fid=616710

Chris

Miika

Scott

Surly_Z & Anna

Alex & Shelly (friends of mine, in 300zx)

Since the dates were changed Sprinterboy now can't come and my GF cant either due to work.

Just reminding everyone about this if you havn't been following the original thread.  Its not far away and everyone needs to book asap or alternatively, if you are on your won, I have a room tentatively booked with 2x single beds so someone can join me and save some money.

Good work Scott...so times nearing and we will be sending out all the meaty details direct to those that register ineterest. As with past trips of this nature all correspondence will be directly via e-mail to those that supply e-mail address. At this time I request that you either PM myself or send me an e-mail on sulio_m@hotmail.com and we shall put you on the mailing list for updates. It will also get you in touch with others that are going to allow you to pair up for rooms and keep costs down. Feel free to post your details on this thread also if you don't mind sharing your e-mail adress and I'll put you on the mailing list.

Don't miss out on this one, you'll regret it once the others get back and we get the video and pictures up.

Cheers,

Sulio

Simon & Miika might want to list their email address's or send a PM to Sulio so you get on the email list. Well done Scottie for roping in some more of your locals. Should be a good trip.

Let's see how many you can drag down to Tassie the year after.  :D

Ok Scott, I've booked the last twin room for the Friday 20th and Saturday 21st Feb (I need to be back Sunday night).  Chatted to Chris and Miika and they seem happy with the arrangement to swap, i.e. Chris will only stay the two nights and bunk in with me (if he changes his mind he can find some floor space).  ;D

Hey Scottie I am not sure if I am missing anyone from my list on the other thread. Are you able to list the names on here and I will update my list if anyone is missing. Also what sort of car they are driving. thanks

Alrighty.  So I need to know how early people can leave for Thredbo?  Simon I believe cant leave untill 4pm.  The reason being, the Vic guys + the 350Z are gonna be hitting the Alpine way around 3pm and they will be doing most of their footage and photos during this section and I for one would like to get some footage of my freshly sprayed zed with and around the others.  I realise there will be more chances later, but the 350Z guys are leaving on Saturday arvo, so not much time, especially if we do the Kosciosko walk on Saturday..

anyhow, let me know.

Scott