Sign in to follow this  
zzzzed

micks turbo 240z project

The rb25 went prett well on the dyno making 168.1 rwkw. With 11 psi of boost

It drops of a bit at the top due to a week spark. I will replace the coil packs and all shod be good

Yeh. It's a whole diferent animal than the rb20. There's next to no turbo lag so it pulls hard all the way to the top.

I think ecu upgrade will be next on the list. But first I want to do the suspension.

Nice stuff mate mate. Interesting on the power figures. My RB25det made 195rwkw with only a FMintercooler/3 inch exhaust/ pod filter - stock boost! Wonder if its dodgey dynos or something else?  You must be stoked with it! Any go fast bits or engine dress ups your keen on? Im desperatley trying to find a carbon fibre greddy style manifold and high mount turbo kit

It has a weak spark and is running over rich. Which could be holding it back. I havnt thought to much about power upgrades or engine dress ups yet. I just want it running right I will sort suspension out before any engine mods.

Gday Mick, spotted you in this sweet looking ride in Murray Bridge on Saturday morning. It really caught my attention, looking good mate.

Looks awesome Mick.

Where are the headlight covers? I wasn't sure about them to start with but they have really grown on me

Your car looks like it's missing its sunnies.  8)

Mick

Yeh it's something I  working up to. I am not sure I want to drill the holes just yet because this is still a road car and can't use these covers on the road. Perhaps I need to buy a second clear set.  ;)

Seeing as my 260 is going of the road for Resto I will borrow the clear covers from it and just swap to black when in race mode.  ;)

I had a good day at collinggrove on Saturday. I can now say the rb25det is a whole lot more tourque than the rb20. Traction was an issue off the line but I didn't have to rev it as hard to get the job done.

I ended up knocking a second and a half off my time from when it had the rb20det.

Here's a pic from the day.

null_zps55260527.png

This is a post to say good by to my 240z I thought I would never see the day when we would part

But hey I have some thing new and exciting on the way.

So I will leve this last pic of my self and the old girl as a closing post.  :'(

But check out my new project that is on the way.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

null_zpsc388368b.jpg