• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well i finaly got it to work and i can see light at the end of the tunnel. I now only have some minor finishing to do before primer and and then it should only take a week or two to rub down the primer ready for paint..Then it is up to my boss and when he can get the time to lay down the paint :)  ..

Its a shame these rims dont fit :)

post-1192-144023615911_thumb.jpg

post-1192-144023615916_thumb.jpg

Hey congratulations Mick,

Considering the turn you took in 2010, and where you have the car up to now, all I can say is great work, that 2nd pic of the drivers rear 1/4 with the flare just looks magic, once it has color will look damn hot !

You are truley one of the quiet achievers on this forum, well done !

Cheers

John

yeh it feels like it has been of the road forever.. its been around 4 years and i cant even remeber what it was like to drive from the last time i drove it.. All i know is it will not even be close to how it was.. I am getting excited  8) 8) 8) 8) 

yeh it feels like it has been of the road forever.. its been around 4 years and i cant even remeber what it was like to drive from the last time i drove it.. All i know is it will not even be close to how it was.. I am getting excited  8) 8) 8) 8)

Lol - my bus has been off the road since '06. You've done a complete resto in the same time that I haven't even fixed a blown head gasket and upgraded the drivetrain!

We should catch up sometime.

• 1 month later...

Its been rather busy at work so my car hasn't seen much spray booth time. We have managed to get a few panels in primer though.

Today i received these from rota australia. I Have to wait 3 months for the fronts to show up. So if any one has a pair of 17x9 -6 they dont need ill take them off your hands :)   

IMG_09101.jpg

IMG_09141.jpg

IMG_09121.jpg

IMG_09131.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally got it in primer. even when i work in a crash shop you would not belive how hard it is to get time in the both to blow a bit of primer over it.

next i will be refitting all the panels so when i block  it all down all the lines are spot on.. Its getting closer now  ;D ;D ;D

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

I could have but no my boss did because I was bussy doing something working on a customers vc ss comonwhore I will come get that nut sert gun back of you in the next couple of weeks because I still have 1 nutsert to insert  ;D

Nice Mick !

New shiny bits and a smooth body to boot !

What is the material he sprayed on? Just a regualr hi-fill?

Cheers

John

I'd say its Hi-Fill Mick if it went over etch

But its grey which made me ask, do you guys use Dupont? I know they have a grey Hi-Fill.

• 4 weeks later...

making some progress.  :D I have managed a dummy fit of all the panels and latches.

Im now blocking it all down then  after that ill hit it with a couple more coats of hight fill primer just to be sure i have it all nice and flat. Then there will be the final block down and then the colour will go on :)

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg