Sign in to follow this  
Mickl

Mudflaps 2+2

Gents........where do you get `em in Aus? Front and back. Expensive?

How do homemade ones from new conveyor belt rubber look as I still have the metal brackets and could source some mat the right thickness?

Mickl

I know Craig (ZZZ8) has some very nice moulded ones on the rear of his 2+2...

Don't know where he got them from though ???

when i got my 2+2 it had the moulded type flaps. they looked good.(need to check Craigs ZZZ8 pic to see if same). problem with mine they were shagged.

im also looking in getting a set of the moulded type, or to get a mould made out of FG.(but not looking hard enough).

the old school flat rubber type dont appeal to me.

also have a set of old school stainless ones that i ripped of a nother 260z at the wreckers.

but again didnt suit my car.

would definetly buy the moulded if i ever find them.

I got my moulded mud spats from the USA. Search around this site.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/SG

I can't remember how much. Maybe $80- for front & rear. Cost me $150- in freight because I accidently air freighted them. Just as well work paid for that.  ;) Ship it over snail mail and you will be OK. I reckon they are great. It protects my nice paint job. I put them on for the Tassie trip 1,000 klms. But I have left them on since you hardly notice them my car being all Red & Black. They come off in 10mins if it went in a concourse or something. But I don't do them much these days. come along this Saturday if local and check them out.

Craig post a pic of your mudflaps please.

the link shows the 280zx ones but yeah they looked like that.

realy moulded nicely into the shape of the guards.

pitty i only had the edge part everything else was missing.

i think i did try nissan but 99.99% of the accessories for these cars have been scrapped. may try again.

I got my moulded mud spats from the USA. Search around this site.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/SG

I can't remember how much. Maybe $80- for front & rear. Cost me $150- in freight because I accidently air freighted them. Just as well work paid for that.  ;) Ship it over snail mail and you will be OK. I reckon they are great. It protects my nice paint job. I put them on for the Tassie trip 1,000 klms. But I have left them on since you hardly notice them my car being all Red & Black. They come off in 10mins if it went in a concourse or something. But I don't do them much these days. come along this Saturday if local and check them out.

Great site!  Thanks for sharing ZZZ8.  Now I know where to get bits and pieces for the Z.

I don't think I have any pictures of the guards with these on. But they are moulded similar to the pictures on that website. Go for it they fitted perfectly and I am a fussy bastard. Like I say you hardly notice them on the car. Prior to these and the last paint job. I had stone chips down to the metal on my guards. Sticky tyres and track work don't help. I found a pic at Symmons Plains but because they fit in you hardly notice them.

post-260-144023505499_thumb.jpg