[QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")

mtopxsecret6

If you are talking about April Fool's day then I should be able to make it but if you are planning on this week (25 March) then it is not possible for me.  I am in lovely Tom Price last week and this coming week enjoying the heat and red dirt.

Great. So I'll be working on the zed on either Friday or Saturday, doing the head. It should be ready by night. I was thinking that street (not sure of the name) opposite to Coronation drive, directly across the river. It's a long straight road which is pretty wide and has little play areas every 250 metres or so. I'll look up the name in a moment.

Edit: Interestingly enough it's called "Riverside drive".

count me as a yes for saturday night but i have a party to go to after so maybe we could make it around 7ish?.

got the gearbox out and pulled apart, just have to clean it up and put it back in, hopefully 2moro.

Nice website, Sushi. Some pretty good photography on there.

thanks jo, which site were you looking at, just my z car one? Thats a few years old now, i need to do some major updates :D

steve-o and alan, if you don't get your car back in time for this weekend feel free to come with me and we can also organise another meet for the week after? Maybe we could go see eric bana's movie at palace barracks cinemas on wednesday night? You can win a set of the $2000 personalised plates :)

I can do 7pm, that's fine.

Let's make it the first car park on the left as you go down the little hill entering the straight?

locationw.jpg

Okay, so this is the list so far for Saturday night the 28th, 7pm, Riverside Drive (West End).

Josef (Jospef)

Shaun (Sexual_Sushi)

mtopxsecret6

P.s I looked at your zed car one as well as your photography one. I assumed the zed one was a bit out of date, heh.

was talking to steve last night and he said there were some delays with his car, I'm sure he'll keep us updated. at the worst he can come with me and possibly even drive my white 2+2 if he feels comfortable ;)

so i think another meet up in the next few weeks will also be in order so people like alan and mtopsecretx can make it. also around the middle of april the drive in will be screening the fast and the furious so maybe we could all go for a run to see that?

also around the middle of april the drive in will be screening the fast and the furious so maybe we could all go for a run to see that?

Shit yeah tell me what dates and we'll organise that for sure!

Bad news about my Z, Fulcrum will be giving it back to me tomorrow and I'm dropping it straight into the body shop to get the vinyl roof removed and front air dam painted, as well as fixing up some minor paint work. My mate at the body shop says there is very little chance they'll have it finished by Friday (i was supposed to be dropping it in Tuesday morning, not Wednesday arvo). These suspension issues messed up my plans.

Sushi I'm keen to drive the 2+2 on Sat if your OK with it, I've only ever driven Greg's 240z and I've always wondered if the buses felt any different.

Buses! That's a low blow.

But I guess if you haven't driven a 2+2 then I can forgive that statement.

Hey mate, you should come along on Saturday night! I don't mean anything negative by buses I wish I could have a 2+2 as my daily... Having no car sucks!

He'll understand what they're like when he drives one ;). You can have a spin in mine if you like, Steve. Should give you a good idea of what a stock 2+2 feels like.

Hope you can make some time, Mtop. Any of the Brisbane lads who are free on Saturday should turn up. I wanna' see some zeds!

it starts on the 16th of april so I would suggest either then or the following wednesday the 22nd? How does that work for everyone?

Tisk tisk steve you can walk :P haha I'll clean the white car up tonight and put the carpets back in just for you, might even get that 6th cylinder firing as well ;)

mtop what time does your party start? i'm going to be in the gold coast during the day but i should be back by 5pm so maybe we could make it a little earlier than 7 if it helps you out?

• gav240z changed the title to [QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")
  • gav240z unpinned this topic