[QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")

mtopxsecret6

Still worth trying to get a revival Peter!

I've been so busy I've only opened this site 4 or 5 times in the past year I reckon :(

I've had to resort to paying people to do work to the car as well as I just don't have any weekends. It is a good feeling though just dropping off a broken car and getting back a running beast :)

I organised a few things at the beginning but is is a bit trying so I joined the Z car club Qld and tag along with them now. I still get in the Z almost every weekend and bash it up and down the highway for a few K's. You could always  drop in for a Z chat if you wanted. Not far away at Logan. 8)

Thanks Peter, haven't even got round to installing that hazard switch I bought of you last year but  going for a drive always sounds like more fun….  And the weather is just getting nice for a run up into the hills sometime…

Jason, is that going into a road car?  And if so do you know if it going to be mod plated / engineered?  Have looked at that kit and tried to justify the money, maybe after a small lotto win...

Thanks Peter, haven't even got round to installing that hazard switch I bought of you last year but  going for a drive always sounds like more fun….  And the weather is just getting nice for a run up into the hills sometime…

Jason, is that going into a road car?  And if so do you know if it going to be mod plated / engineered?  Have looked at that kit and tried to justify the money, maybe after a small lotto win...

Yes mate, you have to be care full what you  buy and fit to a road car and still be LEGAL . I have bought lots of kit and then finding it is not Legal for street cars have sold it for a loss. I am a slow learner LOL. Depends if you want to take the risk or not. Peter.

Doing a full Arizone Z Car suspension and brake swapover along with a rebuiot LSD R200, on a forum members car this weekend coming.

Turning up at 10 am then up on the hoist

The AZC stuff is certainly a nice bit of kit!

Sure is.... and install is relatively trouble free....

I am in for sure..........Are most of you part of the Qld Z club? I need to rejoin now that the car is back on the road.

I know its not to many people taste (not mine either really) but i have noticed harry's diner has a Ricer night.......I have also noticed when i have driven past there is a distinct lack of classic jap cars and way too many p platers in mazda 3s :) we could show them some class some time?

I would prefer a somerset trip or mt glorious run though:)

I am in for sure..........Are most of you part of the Qld Z club? I need to rejoin now that the car is back on the road.

I know its not to many people taste (not mine either really) but i have noticed harry's diner has a Ricer night.......I have also noticed when i have driven past there is a distinct lack of classic jap cars and way too many p platers in mazda 3s :) we could show them some class some time?

I would prefer a somerset trip or mt glorious run though:)

Ricer night sounds fun for shits and gigs!

Would be interested in a somerset/glorious run too :)

Would love to get over to you Jason to see the swap but have law exams and  study coming out the wazoo. Once I have the engine and webers sorted in the next few months, suspension is next.... AZC or T3 gear......but still trying to justify the expense :) think i should just install coilovers and leave it at that..... it just looks so Shiny though!

Nice of Jason to open an invitation to us to over see the up coming transplant at his home . But unfortunately it is a little short notice for me to be able to attend. But if anyone can go ,then do so .His shed is bigger than most of our homes. I know a large number of us here are ZCCQ members and the thing that hamstrings the club is that it can not do anything on the spur of the moment. It is also difficult for members to contact one another. Unlike it is here.  I can just see the ZCCQ getting together to terrorise some Mazda 3 drivers . 30 Z's all turning up on mass . I'm sorry I just can not stop laughing at that.

But it is still worth becoming a member of the ZCCQ . As they do attend events (all be it organised by other clubs most of the time) do drives and put on the odd track day.

I would have it at a guess that they may be going to the ALL JAP DAY  at Banyo some 4 weeks from now. There may be a track day later in the year . Possibly something a little bit different perhaps than usual kind of LAPZ event  and some interesting day runs may be on the table.

Only time will see.

Last time i did a "what's doing in ,y shed" day, we had around 40 of the Dato Roadster guys rock up!

Tomorrpw it's a rear end AZC diff mounts swap, along with the very well engineered Stew Wilkins front diff mount.

Then its onto the massive Willwood front and rear calipers, on dogbones, and rear mount plates.

The vented discs are 2 piece jobbies,

Interestingly the AZC rear caliper mount plate incorporates a second paor of ears for a simple additional mechanical/cable opereated holding brake ( handbrake)

Also swapping over inserts and springs into nice fresh powdercoated front and rear struts, a 15/16th new master,

And one of my old r200 LSD diffs.

Later on, its engine and box time!

Casey T  will be a very happy feller, once all done.

We're doing this on both days!

If anyone is out and about give me a ring for address etc

O4O3O71204

• gav240z changed the title to [QLD] - Brisbane prefecture regular city meet ("lounge meets")
  • Administrators

Hey guys,

Do you still regularly get together? I have promoted this thread to the homepage, since it seemed like a regular QLD event. However if it's no longer happening I'll stop promoting it on the homepage. But am happy to promote a new thread or semi-regular event if there is 1?