Sign in to follow this  
mark

Electric clock and window channels

Gidday. I have fitted 3 clocks and none work accurately. Am I dead unlucky or am I missing something? They seem to lose about 15 minutes aday. Secondly, where do you source the window channels that the glass slide up and down in? Cheers Mark

Hey mark the thing your missing is (15 mins a day)

Try and find an extra 15mins a day and you,ll be right

sorry i cant help (just in a funny mode)

They're 30 years old so I wouldn't expect the capacitors to be the precise component they once were. In fact in my owners manual it recommends that you re-set the clock every day, and that was when it was new!

Eric Bettio posted up a write-up to fix the old clocks a while ago, here's a link.  http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=47265499814449552658

Hope it helps.

I thought there was a hole in the back of the clock which is marked + - and has a tiny screw which you can adjust to speed+ up or slow- down

I thought there was a hole in the back of the clock which is marked + - and has a tiny screw which you can adjust to speed+ up or slow- down

yep

Ahhh yes the notorious 260Z clock... Don't feel bad I still have yet to see one that works properly ;D Apparently the clock was secretly designed as a revenge plot for losing the war ;D