Feb'09 THREDBO 4 day Run - 20th to 23rd Feb 2009 is confirmed as on.

620Z

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah good on ya Miika. Got your PM, just need you to PM me your e-mail address so I can add you to the mailing list.

Simon (Rhino240z) also confirmed to come.  More from ACT than Vic?  What the? lol

Yer the Victorians have gone all quiet...!?  ???

Sulio

Ahhh I love it when a plan comes together. I reckon this will be a big event, even if we are missing a few Victorians. They will just have to tell us how they wish they came along when Sulio put's the video together. Let's hope the weather is kind to us. It will be great to meet up with all the interstaters from ACT & NSW. We will have to book a restaurant for the Saturday night where we can all get together for a big dinner.  :D

Craig              - Vic

Sulio              - Vic

Lurch            - Vic

Wes & Maggie  - Vic

Scott  260Z          - ACT

Chris    240Z          - ACT

Simon  240Z          - ACT

Miika    240Z          - ACT

Josh & Anna  240Z  - ACT 

Alex & Shelly 300ZX - ACT

Vince              - NSW

Geoff              - NSW

3 others          - NSW

So I am confused, are the NSW crew by coincidence going to be in Jindabyne at the same time and just going to meet up, or are they affraid of staying with a non official club or something?  No offence to them, but I have been getting a vibe from the Sydney club that they "don't take kindly to our type around here."

No definately not Scott. In fact my understanding is a lot of these guys drifted away from the Sydney Nissan Club because of politics etc. A bit like the Vic NDSOC. As such I was told they had been planning on organising such a trip outside of the Club for years but never gotten it locked down. When a member on this site "Geoff" saw this he got his crew together and locked in the dates to coincide with ours. Not really sure why they are staying off the mountain, they might have some deal going or a contact or something. Many of these people made it to our Tassie trip a few years ago so I will be glad to catch up with them. My phylosophy is the more the merrier, especially if they are in Zeds.  :) I am hoping this will be the stepping stone to rope some of you interstaters down to Tassie a year later.

14 Zeds in Thredbo will be pretty impressive. Get the camera's out. They have a nice green oval in the village we might be able to park on for a few shot's. Another good place is Sharlots Pass with some awesome high country back ground. Better bring the wash bucket.

Ok good to hear.  Like I said I don't want to offend,maybe it is the Sydney club i get the vibe from. No matter, certainly not going to complain with more people.

Charlottes Pass is a great spot and also another spot to walk to Kozsciosko from too.

The more the merrier.

Sounds good Warren. We are happy to have a 350Z along. I know some of those old Zeds may not be that comfortable to drive on a long trip like this especially if it hasn't been modified a little in the front end. I tried getting a few other 350's along but no success yet.

Will keep you posted if the grand plan comes together. 19 Zeds and 29 people todate.

Craig  260Z            - VIC

Sulio   260Z            - VIC

Lurch  240Z            - VIC

Wes & Maggie 260Z  - VIC

Warren  350Z          - VIC

Lui    240Z            - VIC

Mystery 350Z          - VIC 

Mystery Zed           - VIC

Scott   260Z          - ACT

Chris    240Z          - ACT

Simon   240Z          - ACT

Miika    240Z          - ACT

Josh & Anna  240Z   - ACT 

Alex & Shelly 300ZX - ACT

Vince   240Z    - NSW

Geoff    240Z   - NSW

3 others Zeds  - NSW

Just got back from Thredbo today with the family..very busy being a long weekend.

On Saturday between Cooma and Jindabyne got very very windy, my 2ton dual-cab was all over the place, Id hate to see the zed in a 80km/hr crosswind !!

Had a hoot on the bob-sled until I stacked it with my 4 year old on board !! (both un-injured).

We should avoid the take-away next to the ticket office as pies where $5.50 each, discovered a good kebab shop next to Alpine Hotel however. I advise those who like the odd drop to BYO.

Nat Park entry is $16 valid for 24hrs, I think this means that as long as we dont leave the Nat Park, we dont have to pay it again.

Anyway the drive along the Alpine Way to the Village is a hoot.

For those without Thermo fans a radiator flush could be in order as it was stinking hot up there, for those with air-con...you lucky buggers !!!

If its gonna be hot, Im expecting to lose 6kg given my black interior, Im also expecting to bake bread in the hatch area.. ;D

Hrmm, thanks Chris. With regards to the heat, we'll just have to drive a little bit quicker... :P

I might BYO a couple of bottles of CC too.

Oh, Craig won't want Beer in the back of his Zed - only Jonny W...

Ha yeah your right there Lurch. Johnny Walker save on weight. I will make sure I have a bottle in and maybe a beer or two.

Now Scott and all you ACT guys. Are we going to round you up on our way to Threadbo or are we going to meet you up there? PM me and we can work it out. I wanted to keep our detailed route off this forum. Thanks

Things are developing nicely for those in the know.

I plan on booking a dinner for all of us on the Friday evening with our special guests. Will try and get a deal going or something for the group. Can the ACT & NSW guys let me know if they are in and how many? Not sure who is bringing partners. Also we plan on a photo shoot Saturday morning around 10am. I am thinking of getting on the oval in town if we can and a few country shots. We might have to drive for those. Charlots Pass would be best but not sure how keen some people will be to drive around there. It will be say 25mins each way but the scenery would be worth it.

Please PM me or send me direct an emergency contact number as well so I can add to my details just in case.  :-[

We are up to 18 Zeds and a minimum of 25 people now.

Speak soon.

OK, Kay and I are coming for the 3 days.  But will be driving the 350Z not the 240Z. Since getting the 240 back on the road the furthest it has been is to the xmas BBQ at Gordon's place, so not proven enough for 600+km non stop each way drive. Plus I need a few thousand km's on the 350 before the end of the FBT tax year on 31/3.

We have booked into Rydges Alpine Resort at room only rate, the B&B rate was no different to the room only + paying for breakfast as an extra. Least we have flexibility.

For those interested and still thinking, double room is $105 + continental b/fast $17 pp or + full b/fast $25 pp.

Chair lift is $28 return trip pp or $29 all day pp. The 12Km Kosiousko walk starts at the top of the chair lift.

Sulio, don't forget that I'll take the radio.

Guess I better apply for a couple of days off.

Warren

Glad to hear your on board Warren. Yes long trips like this and Tassie sort out the reliable cars from the not so. But as usual there will be plenty of Zed people at hand to help anyone in need. Between us all the right tool (no punn intended) should be found. I just hope it's not going to be 40deg for the drive days.  :-\ It's going to be big. I will PM everyone with the current list.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents, I just booked the Village Green (Oval) at Threadbo for a bit of a Car display Saturday morning. It's in the heart of town and I am sure we will be attracting a bit of attention with 19 Zeds lined up on display. Let's plan to meet up around 9am for what should be a fun morning where we can all check out each other cars in fine detail since a lot of us won't have caught up before. We can discuss the finer detail at the Friday night dinner. Only 10 days to go.  :D