Feb'09 THREDBO 4 day Run - 20th to 23rd Feb 2009 is confirmed as on.

620Z

Hi guys I wanted to see how many people were interested in doing a Zed drive to Threadbo around February next year. I figure not only Vic people but some NSW & ACT people might want to come along as well.

For the Vic people it is around a 5.5 to 6 hour drive. But it is a pretty cruisy drive to Threadbo.

I figure one day drive up, two day stay at the resort village and one day drive home. Plenty of things to do and places to drive when we are there. We could all walk to the top of Australia's tallest mountain Mt Kosiosco to fill in a day. 13klms return walking on a great track. Even my 5 year old son made it so no excuses. Another day up there you could hire some mountain bikes, go for a drive or simply chill out. I can tell you the Village has a great atmosphere and a trip like this would certainly be memorable especially if we met up with heaps of interstaters. This would be the off year from the bi-annual trip to Tasmania which will be on again in Feb'2010.

So let me know if you are interested whether from Vic or interstate and I will get the ball rolling if enough interest. I attached a few photo's of some great weather up there, even swam in the pool (28deg day) where we stayed and a shot of how the mountain bikes get up the hill on the chairlift which also leads to the start of the walking track.

http://www.totaltravel.com.au/link.asp?fid=616710

post-260-144023501922_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023501925_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023501928_thumb.jpg

post-260-144023501931_thumb.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So if any NSW & ACT guys are interested in this get together then please respond on this forum otherwise it might not happen. I thought a few more people in Vic would be interested in a long weekend away with there Zed?? We can discuss at our 19th Nov meeting. This drive would run from a Friday to Monday, will require 2 days off to make it a good trip (not so rushed). 3 nights in the Village. Tassie guys are more then welcome as we will be down to see you the year after (Feb '10)that one is locked & loaded.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have a preferred date in Feb? If not I will list a date from Friday to Monday. I will probably wait till after our meeting on the 6/12/08 before confirming it as we might get a few more takers from the 29 Zedders that rock up. Anyone in NSW interested (apart from Scott) Cheers.  :)

That's good news CDR it will be much more fun and safer if Scottie has some company for the trip. I am sorry but what is you name so I can get a list going.

Craig - Definate                              - VIC

Sulio - Definate                              - VIC

Mayhem & Partner- Definate             - VIC

Bruce & Wife from Taralgon - Definate- VIC

Wes & Maggie - Definate                  - VIC

Glen from Dromana                          - VIC

Glen's mate in his Z31                      - VIC

Lurch (Maybe)                                - VIC / WA  :-\

Scott                    - ACT

Alex & Shelly 300ZX - ACT

Miika - Cdr Zero      - ACT

Chris - Most likely    - ACT

Surly_Z & Anna      - ACT

6 or 7 Zeds            - NSW

Feel free to bring along partners on this one if you like. As I see it as more of a social holiday rather than strictly a drive. Sulio might be bringing his Fiance and me my wife if we can get the kids sorted for a few days. Once the date is locked in I figure it will be easier to get a few more on board.

Let's hope this gathers some momentum like the 6/12/08 BBQ. List your name if interested.

Cheers

Excellent news Mayhem. Glad to have you and your awesome machine along. Scott unfortunately my brother probably won't make this one, although I will keep trying. Having said that he is a definate for the Tassie trip the year after. There are a few others from the Tassie trip I will approach when we lock in the date. Cheers

Cool. At the moment I am leaning towards 20-23th Feb. I will check with a few people this weekend and lock in a date next week. Then I will suss out accommodation and if you guys from Canberra want to stay off the mountain then that's your call. It will fragment the group a bit.  :( Accommodation will only be around $100- per night per person including breaky. I will confirm all next week. Sounds like this is a definate goer now. Cheers