Sign in to follow this  
zr240

2009 VICZCAR CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP

Just to throw another idea in, IMHO it'd be good to throw in a Motorkhana into the mix just to see who really has the 'skillz br0' :D

Never have been a fan of Motorkhana's as i think its just to much wear and tear on the car as a whole. But that wouldnt stop me from watching someone else trashing i mean thrashing there car :)

Im not knocking your idea i just dont think Motorkhana's are all that great for cars in general imho. Unless i am mistaken isnt it where you drive madly around cones?

Anyway thats just me.....

Well i really enjoy motorkhanas myself and there really are some fun and quick ones to choose from lot more skill to it than it looks too can give good balance to outright speed events make it more a skill vs outright speed thing

mick

I'm up for a motorkahana. They're fun, and great to watch.

They don't seem to run them anymore in NDSOC cause everyone has turned into big girls and afraid to wear out their cars.

As opposed to circuit sprints? ???

Care to explain, mate?

I agree with Lurch on this one. Its the same deal as any kind of motorsport, drive as hard and fast as you are comfortable with. For me, tyre fry'in sounds like fun. I've already busted a CV adaptor at a hillclimb. Doesn't matter, build new ones that are stronger. Crisis over.

Just my 2 cents worth.......

OK so I am back and ready to get stuck into some zed stuff :)

So I thought we would have our first discussion on Thursday at the BBQ. If you cannot make it put a post up here and I will print and take to the meeting for discussion.

I dont think any of the club calendars have come out yet but we can just run through the rules/ class and what type of events to include.

Ash

Sounds good ash, Any rules/class doesnt bother me. Although im not active at your club meetings put me down for a definate.

Thanks glen will put you down.

Hopfully I can beat you on the the real track and you dont blow me away like you do online racing :)

Ash

Off the topic a bit. Glen I didn't see your name down for our BBQ/Photo shoot. Are you able to come up? I would love to check out your car.

Would be good if you can. I haven't seen your car before. But it sounds like it will be out and about next year.

Yes, I believe so.

Remember, driving skill is more of an advantage in a motorkhana than how heavily one's car is modified ;)

Hey Bruce

Im still at Classic Adelaide we had prolog today and dad got 3rd in in classic today the rally starts tommorrow so cars all good see what happens

I havent done the v8 conversion yet just putting the 6cyl back in for next year and do some sprints

How your z going u going to do sprints next year

Cheers big dan

thought I would revive this topic from last year to see if there was any interest in doing something similiar in 2010?

I have had a look on the PIARC website, there doesn't appear to be a 2010 calendar up as yet, but once it appears I'll put up the events to guage interest.

cheers

Bruce