New Club Stickers

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind live the legend. But another might be "Experience the legend". Meaning get in and go for a ride or drive it.

We might have to settle on half a dozen examples and start a pole to vote what people like most. Making sure members can only vote once.

Since I occupy myself on the computer many hours a day and I like to be creative, i thought i would have a crack at making a sticker/logo/emblem/trademark/million dollars.

You guys mentioned: "legend", "heritage", "winner"

So i thought how about the bay leaf wreath you would see in those old 60's sports car races and motorsport in general.

Black and white is most effective and a splash of red for the 'Z' to emphasise racing and passion.

Here it is, same design, different writting styles and arrangement, I will probablly do more.

VicZCarLogo1.jpg

VicZCarLogo2.jpg

VicZCarLogo3.jpg

VicZCarLogo4.jpg

Now thats more like it. My opinion is this has to be the best effort yet. I really like the second one and thats locked in as my first choice. Good work Gottabeabstract!

...Oh and the other issue you mentiond Gav was the Auszcar.com domain name! What are the technical pro's and cons of this name change as far as already existing links out in cyber land etc? I think it sounds better and probably more appropriate. Make's it clear it's not just about Z cars in Victoria and attract more fellow Zeders.

Sulio

Re the domain name, there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use both viczcar.com ans auszcar.com at the same time and just get viczcar to redirect to auszcar.  Once the search engines have reindexed, turn off viczcar.

I like the new designs, they are pretty cool.  It just seems that the wreath stands out more that the car does.  For the font, how about using the one that gav used for the website banner??  I think that he attached it to this thread somewhere.

Could you do one inverted?  I'd love to have a sticker that the outside was clear and the content was in black/white/colour, if you get what I mean.

But I do agree with the others, I think that we are getting closer!!

Cheers,

Matt

Personally I prefer Van's ones, though maybe flipping the black and white to make the background black.  No offence, but I think the wreath has been done to death and i reckon Van's make it look much fresher and new age (in the the reversed colours).  Just my personal opinion and im still going to get a price on some of Vans', maybe we could decide on 2 different ones of both designers and people can choose which one they want?

• Administrators

Personally I prefer Van's ones, though maybe flipping the black and white to make the background black.  No offence, but I think the wreath has been done to death and i reckon Van's make it look much fresher and new age (in the the reversed colours).  Just my personal opinion and im still going to get a price on some of Vans', maybe we could decide on 2 different ones of both designers and people can choose which one they want?

I tend to agree the wreath does have an old feel about it. I think it could look good but probably needs a bit more work. I like Van's because its simple and would work well as a sticker.

I might have another go at creating one myself if I can get a couple of hours to do it.

At the end of the day we can always change the design down the track.

• Administrators

Re the domain name, there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't use both viczcar.com ans auszcar.com at the same time and just get viczcar to redirect to auszcar.  Once the search engines have reindexed, turn off viczcar.

Yes I can set up www.auszcar.com to point to www.viczcar.com I don't think it will be possible to completely remove viczcar.com because the domain name has now been long established. Moving it could mean disappearing from Google for a little while and all existing links point to www.viczcar.com

Its a tricky one, hence the reason I haven't changed it yet.

• Administrators

Attached is simple sticker. I have been told its best to stick to one colour though so maybe the red Z will need to disappear.

If we are going to incorporate a Z perhaps what Van has come up with would be best.

1571_.gif

I like that also Gav but you have missed the .com!????, (perhaps just in small font underneath it??)

We have a few now. Perhaps we can put three or four of them up for a poll. We can then focus on fine tuning the one that eveybody likes.

Yer AUSZCAR.com sounds like a good change. Might as well bite the bullet and get it over and done with as it will only be a bigger inconvenience as time goes by and we grow further.

Sulio

• Administrators

Yeah I realised I missed the .com it was last thing I did at work. The guy who sits next to me produces the modified motors magazine over here. http://www.modifiedmotors.ie the website isn't great (needs some work) but he's really good with the print work.

He said we should get a single colour vinyl sticker and it should be done in illustrator. So that its completely vector image (can be scaled to any size without quality loss or pixelisation).

With regard to the name switch I've thought about all the effort required:

-Change of website banner

-Backend reference changes

-All forum links in forum posts use viczcar.com

-Google will need to index the whole site again

Its alot of work and I hardly have the time for now. It will be much easier to perhaps leave the site as Viczcar.com and possibly just change the banner and allow people to access through both auszcar.com and viczcar.com but the site will still sit on viczcar.com

www.ae86drivingclub.com is a site that is accessible from a few other domains, sure helps people such as myself find it, who wouldn't know that they are changing their name the whole time lol

a nice 240z image that could easily be vectorised is that side on shot nissan used in 350z advertising of lights reflecting off the car side on, i'm sure i have it saved, just a matter of where...if i find it and have time i'll attempt to put something together too

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

Nothing like reviving an old thread.

Had a play around today in Photoshop.

Came up with another revision. I think the sticker need to clearly state the website address.

That way when you fellas are driving your polished up Zeds around, anyone else interested in this fabulous marquee will know where to find us. Better yet, if they don't even know what a Z is they will soon learn.

2268_.gif