New Club Stickers

Another one to add to the mix. This is the long version of my square ones.

Sorry about persisting with the same car, I just couldn't get the other car to look good. The photo-style image vs the simple lines of the text just wasn't sitting right with me. Will have to keep trying ;)

After creating this image, I noticed that on an all white background, the image doesn't quite look right. It probably needs a border or something.

Another idea that I had (but haven't tried) is to make the background solid blue and having the car and text filled in white.

post-81-144023467989_thumb.gif

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my 240 doesn't have side indicators, but might the 260? Cannot remember. The image is just one that I found to play with, if you can find a better picture, post it and i'll play adounr with it. I did find though, that photo styled images didn't look that good. Line art ones seem to match the text a lot better (in my opinon anyways ;) )

• 2 months later...

everyone really love the ziel don't they

I'll promise to play with photoshop tonight and get a logo, even thou i don't have windows to stick it on....

but i know its like a month late but the side indicators at the rear i believe didn't come on Zeds, and i had a 76 and it didn't have rear side indicators as US versions did.... jap, aus, UK versions never had rear indicators as far as im aware....

• Administrators

problem with using a bitmap image is that if we need to inrease it's size for a logo on a T-shirt or mugs or any promotional material it will distort.

The original that Sulio posted I think I could easily convert to a vector based format in Illustrator.

I might have another try at it soon. :D

Gav/ Sulio

I used to work as a sales rep for a printing company a few years back. I can pull a few favours from the guys, so call me before you go to print!!

The designs look great...... My only concern (and i have spoken to Gav about this) is stipple. You cannot reproduce stipple or shading effect when screen printing as the "dot" size is too big. A lot of these "magazine" type pics look great on the screen but turn out terrible when screen printed. I cant even count the amount of times large ad agencies in Melbourne sent us jobs that were completely useless on the printing press.. as the designers had no idea on the printing process...

Keep up the good work!.. let me know what you decide on.. and i will ensure that we get a red hot deal....

Nigel

• 2 months later...

Hi I was just wondering if you have come up with an idea for the club sticker? If not I think you should try to capture the racing heritage and try to put it together with the new. Just one more thing it would be good to keep the shape of the sticker round or small enough to put on the rear quater window. Just some sugestions.

• 11 months later...

I just took a punt at a design. I don't like the stock Z (I only really like them lowered, larger wheels, open grille, and front lip), so I used the image that Sulio used.

The black border around each image is just to square off the image, they wouldn't actually be printed. These would be vinyl cut stickers, presumably in white. So everything that is black would be white, and everything that is white would be removed.

If anybody wants to take a closeup photo of their window for me, I'll show you what I mean :)

vic-z-car_001.jpg

vic-z-car_002.jpg

vic-z-car_003.jpg

vic-z-car_004.jpg

yeah they look good, i like the 'black being the white bits and the white being the clear', that looks good on a car window. I think i like the first design best, mostly becuase of its shape, fits up the top of the rear windscreen nicely.

but i do agree with evan in having a side on profile view might look good, so you can see the long bonnett and other distinguished features.

i have no design skills... i could do one in MS paint, but thats as far as my skills go. :)

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure about the emphasis of having an image of a Z on the sticker logo, after all the sticker will be on an actual Z ;) So if any one was uncertain as to what a Z looked like then they need look no further than the car it is stuck to.

I like Vans use of the word Embracing, subconsciously it points at the cars racing heritage and an owners pride in this.

As a border I like the use of a laurel wreath.

Might have a go at something later.

yeh, they are good.  would be good to get some.  I know someone who does this sort of thing, I could show him the designs and get a price if anyone is interested.  Im happy to organise this one, just gonna have to mail to most members is all.

I love the first one Van.

My only suggestion ti the change the wording from "Embracing the Heritage" to "Embrasing a Legend" or Embracing a Classic" or "Embracing a timeless Classic". Just a few ideas but I do like the first one. Put me down for a couple especially if I could get it in red.

ive got a guy who can do it for about 5 bucks each he has been my sign writter since i stopped being one if any one wants one let me know bulk is betta

i love van's designs hoe you dont mind if i do a few mate ...ive been hanging to get one for my wagon and was just going to use block letters  :P

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

This topic is a bit old and Van did these some time ago. I have not had a chance to organise club stickers although Sulio and I did have some discussions relating to them.

I do like the ones that incorporate the silhouette shape of the Z. I'm not sure myself about "embracing the heritage", I think I'd prefer something like:

"embracing a legend"

"embracing a winner"

but then again I'm not really sure we need a tag line on the sticker. The other issue is I did buy www.auszcar.com and have been considering changing the club name to AUSZCAR seeing as its much more fitting now a days. I guess we kinda out grew our boots :).

The solid colour should keep the price down. "Embrace the legend" sounds ok but it might be more effective to have something like EARLY DATSUN Z CARS on there as a clarifier!???

Sulio

EDIT: oh and say a 2mm border about 5mm from the sticker edge as it just looks a bit plain atm.