Sign in to follow this  
Azon

Performance camshafts for L28?

All right Gurus, I've got a couple of cams in stock, one stamped 487 and the other 479C, I was told the 497C was a 74 degree cam, can anyone confirm this and also do you know what the other is?......hold it.... the plot thick'ns I just checked in the shed, I purchased a downdraft L18 head a while ago, and it came with a spare, I was told, 76 degree cam stamped 487....does this all tie in?  Thanks

Sorry Lurch they came with the car, and the owner is no longer with us, the car was sponsered by Z spares, so I presume they came from there? if this is any help, I will do some more digging.

Found them, the local Datsun engine guru uses wade cams, just looked them up, and guess what they match!! 479c is 76 degree and 487 is 72 degrees. fixed.

sm needles flew out the door when premo unleaded was introduced , slowly over time tuning of cars has changed accordingly to the fuel available, there are cams available for efi which differ for carby application

Grammer police on the grammer guru Lurch! New or knew. I am a hopeless speller myself but I got to get you sometime.  :D

Yeah, you got me. I must have been overtired or doing 5 other things at once...

I didn't realize MachincPro84 = Dazzed. Why the name change Daniel?

Confused the heck out of me...