Rota wheels- options - now with pics

datsfreak

Hi, after driving my Zed stock for a few years Ive suddenly feel the need to get some new wheels.

I'm keen on the Rota RBR's as seen:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?p=938971#post938971

Ive contacted 18RACING by email and Ive found them very slow to reply and when they do they only answer 1 question at a time. At this rate its going to be weeks before I can even organize payment details with them.

Ive contacted www.lsdmotorsports.com (also USA) and they are coming some in the next couple of weeks and their quote was a little bit cheaper then 18racing. And LSD where a lot more helpful in their email replies.

Anyone dealt with LSDmotorsport?

Ive seen Benzed on these forums in importing some- but it seems it was only RBs not RBRs. Althought ive sent him a message.

I was SO keen ,Ive  already gone out and bought new tyres, which are sitting in my shed ,screaming out to be put on my zed, so if there is any other suppliers of these wheel please let me know.

My experience with 18racing has also been really slow and they charge a lot for postage. I tried kim at rotawheeels in the US and he was very accommdating. My finally quote for wheels was

4 17x8.5 RBR chrome and postage to WA =$950  Bargin

Guys just a thought - support a fellow member of this site and purchase Rota RB and RB-R from Ben on this site. Prices a good and for items he has in stock (I think this first shipment is days away if not already in OZ) no delays :)

See this thread for more info

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2761.0.html

But from the first post $259 + $20 shipping in OZ a rim for the 17x8.5 and that is all in AUD (I assume the $950 is US dollars = $750 ish for the rims and $200 for the shipping)

So Oz purchased rims = no delays, supporting a local business cost $1116 AUD shipped anywhere in Oz vs $950 USA shipped to anywhere in OZ = $1209 (still a very good price for rims) so Oz sourced rims = cheaper and you keep $$ in the country :)

If/When I want 17x9 and 17x9.5 Rota RB-R I will be talking to Ben even if they will cost me more to ship to NZ :)

yeah i think rota wheels and 18racing are linked somehow but i asked them both for a quote for the same product and got different quotes. But Kim Bong through rota is good. I would buy those wheels but the dollar just died so i will wait a month or so

Quotes for rbr 17 X 8.5 +4 in silver or shadow. inc delivery to Toowoomba QLD.

18racing $1000 US

LSDMotorSPORT $940 US

NZEDER:

I have sent a message to him awhile ago, but he must be away as  I havnt heard anything yet. I thought he only had RBs?

Id would prefer a Australian supplier but it depends on availability.

Guys just a thought - support a fellow member of this site and purchase Rota RB and RB-R from Ben on this site. Prices a good and for items he has in stock (I think this first shipment is days away if not already in OZ) no delays :)

See this thread for more info

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2761.0.html  .............................

Since Benzed's thread was locked there's been a deathly silence on the subject.  No posts since.

I PM'd but haven't heard anything.  Is Benzed still offering RBs, or did it all come to nought?

Since Benzed's thread was locked there's been a deathly silence on the subject.  No posts since.

I PM'd but haven't heard anything.  Is Benzed still offering RBs, or did it all come to nought?

Has anyone heard anything about Benzed's wheels?

He's the main reason I and others didn't buy in the earlier U.S. group buys, interesting how he has gone quiet since then, I wonder if he will be doing them for the same price he initially gave...... he should now I think.

The RB-R's are already in the U.S. I got an email from Kim the other day but ye now the price, at least I know what I'm getting through Kim though so I will still go through him.

Well I have near enough to organized my wheels through Kim, just a matter of payment method now but he is putting aside a set of RB-R in RGM for me. That's the other thing I guess is that they come powdercoated, whereas Benzed does them raw then you have to go and pay another $500-$600 to get them coated, so Kim is still the cheaper option in the long run.

It'll be somewhere around $1600 but even if benzed does get them it will be just as much due to the dollar anyway, then you will still have to pay extra to get them powder coated. Waiting for a reply now, my yahoo keeps sending them back for some reason even his sometimes end up in my junk mail and he is on my mailing list so hopefully he got my reply that I resent earlier today.

I'll keep ya posted.

Hello everyone, our long-awaited shipment has finally arrived in our warehouse. Shipping has been a complete bastard but thankfully we paid before the Australian dollar tanked so we can still offer the prices I listed before:

Here are the sizes and prices:

15x7 +4 offset    $179 each 

15x8 +4 offset    $199 each 

16x7 +4 offset    $219 each 

16x8 +4 offset    $239 each 

17x8.5 +4 offset  $259 each 

17x9.0 -13 offset $289 each 

17x9.5 -19 offset  $299 each 

Please email me at ben@otomoto.com.au or call 02 8798 1469

Will post a new thread with photos by the end of this week.

Hello everyone, our long-awaited shipment has finally arrived in our warehouse. Shipping has been a complete bastard but thankfully we paid before the Australian dollar tanked so we can still offer the prices I listed before:

Nice work on still supplying them at the same price when you could have easily taken advantage of the situation with the dollar.  I think a few people owe you an apology..........

• 3 months later...

ill post here, as not to create too many loose threads..

My rota's still rub on the back, when cornering hard or with bumps ..

It rubs on the outside - on the guard lip.

I have cut some of the lip away as I didnt want to roll them.

Would it be ok to machine the inside of the wheel mounting face 5-10 mm to make the offset more inbound?

5-10 mm would be the limit as i will have wheel-to-coil issues with anymore.

Is this safe? Or any other opinions - I dont want to use flares.

thanks for your input

Would it be ok to machine the inside of the wheel mounting face 5-10 mm to make the offset more inbound?

5-10 mm would be the limit as i will have wheel-to-coil issues with anymore.

careful there. i'm no expert but 10mm is a fair bit to machine off.

I got 17 X 8.5s. The mounting face has little platforms that has machine marks on it already.

I was hoping the platform are just there to adjust offset in the factory and i could take some more off.

Ive got 235/45's on there now and going to 225s may be enough to fix it.But Id really prefer to keep my bigger tyres.

So what are my other options?

I had these ideas:

Coil overs with adj tops and give more negitive camber.

adj A arms and move the whole wheel in.(and give pos camber)

different rear hub-- is the 260z the same?

Get a pro panelbeater to completely remove and reweld the lip.

I got 17 X 8.5s. The mounting face has little platforms that has machine marks on it already.

I was hoping the platform are just there to adjust offset in the factory and i could take some more off.

Ive got 235/45's on there now and going to 225s may be enough to fix it.But Id really prefer to keep my bigger tyres.

So what are my other options?

I had these ideas:

Coil overs with adj tops and give more negitive camber.

adj A arms and move the whole wheel in.(and give pos camber)

different rear hub-- is the 260z the same?

Get a pro panelbeater to completely remove and reweld the lip.

Don't machine the wheel, this will bring the tapered part of the hole too close to the hub face, so it may crack at the edge.

I agree with Lurch, just roll the lip. Here's a number of someone who can do it cheaply: 0404 081 116