my 260Z 2+2 project

the car has no diff, sump, or steering rack and the interior is going to need a major overhall. there has been some body work done to it already buy the previous owner but it needs new bonnet, front bar, and front guards.

plans for the beast are to restore the interior and possibly use R32 skyline seats if they fit, paint (obviously) not sure what color yet, work on the suspention (adjusible coilovers most likely) and im going to keep the original straight six in there and have it all cleaned & rebuilt with some tough bits.

basically i would like this to be a show/street car that i can use everyday. because it will be my daily.

i live in bundaberg in QLD.

and would anyone be able to tell me what i can do with the steering rack, does the rack from another car that'll be easier to get fit or do i need one from another Z?

Hey Schulah, welcome to Auszcar.

Looking forward to seeing your progress mate. You've got the same goals as me (show/street car) and I can't wait to see what you do.

Try using the search tool in the forums for the steering rack question.

Steve

Hey mate good to see another person building up a car. It may be a lot of work mate but when you are finished you will be thankfull you did it because you will respect it more. Well I look forward to seeing the progress you get done. Good luck man.

your right on the money there man. they are Dragway 14x8"

and i think the car used to be silver im not sure but yeh the guy who had it before the bloke i bought it off did a bit of pannel work and from the doors back its pretty much dead straight which is a bonus haha.

im not sure on color as yet but im liking the new holden green. i recon that'd look nuts. something bright that stands out