Wierd troubles please help

S30Mike

hi guys,

im having some wierd things happening with my Z.

ill try to describe the symptoms as best as possible here goes.

When i have to do continuous clutching (bumper to bumper traffic stuff) like constantly launching over and over, the car starts to not want to go, like loses power and starts like nearly stalling sort of thing, like bunny hoping and then when you start to go its like its going in and out of gear like power, no power, power, no power, power then once you drive smoothly for abit like get out of 1st and drive for abit it settles down.

it also makes a massive CLICK sound when you launch as well. PLEASE TELL ME WTF IS HAPPENING?

• Moderators

Just a guess but is your car running a little hot? Or are the fuel lines insulated? Sounds like the fuel is boiling when you are crawling (vapor lock)and then when you start to move it cools and gets better. Or it could be float levels? Next time pop the bonnet when you are in traffic so its still on the safety catch and drive and see what happens. It is safe to drive as the bonnet won't fly open...Done it myself when my car used to get hot in 38' heat in traffic!

As for the clicking on take off, check all the rear drive shaft uni's for brown/orange rusty powder on them. The bearings might be all dry and about to fail hence the clicking. That was happening to my first 260!

thats a good bit of info thanks, the clicking osund sounds like its coming from the fuel pump though ???

i think it is running a little hot im certain it has something to do with the fuel be it the pump or filter or something, the oil guage was also reading quite high.

ill have go at some trouble shooting and update.