rFactor: Online racing

Toecutter

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well my best time to date is 108.7 in the Alpha. I think Ash is down to 107's but I did notice that your in the mid 105's Glen. That's pretty quick. Must keep practicing.

So this Wednesday is Lakeside track race day hey! Info as per XGN forum thread.

Official event start/Practice: 8:30pm

Qualifying: 9:00pm

Warmup: 9:10pm

Race 1 start: 9:15pm

Race 2 start: 9:45pm or 10 minutes after Race 1 finish as necessary

Event finish: 10:05 roughly

So it's just a metter of logging in to the track with correct car on the day? No other requirements necassary?

Cheers,

Sulio

Well my best time to date is 108.7 in the Alpha. I think Ash is down to 107's but I did notice that your in the mid 105's Glen. That's pretty quick. Must keep practicing.

So this Wednesday is Lakeside track race day hey! Info as per XGN forum thread.

So it's just a metter of logging in to the track with correct car on the day? No other requirements necassary?

Cheers,

Sulio

It's as easy as that, but i should point out our rules although they wont be in full force we would like that all first timers read over them and try to follow them:) 

http://www.xgn.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=122

Inbetween races everyone might get booted from the server, Our server doc is playing up and we are currently trying to find a fix so we can do reverse grid etc. Later on once we get our grid sizes up we can start to look at mini enduros where 2 people share the one car, Example: what happens is Sulio will come into the pits and then David will press a key and take over the car....pretty nifty hey :)

Also we use Teamspeak if you want to jump on your more than welcome, some guys that dont even have mics just like to listen in, download it and then you an connect to our XGN server through the homepage, you will see a box on the left. There should be a Server admin to register you with the TS server so you can go to the HistorX room. any other questions fire away

Cool.

Ok, so i found the server and every time i try to connect it times out, sometimes before i get to enter the password, sometimes after, any ideas?  Entering fasterxgn as password, all lower case

time out often means wrong password

I have a slow net connection after aking for a fast one, so i am pissed off and whinging to the provider, but i cant do anything about it till tomorrow and im lagging really bad on the server, so im also out for tonight.  Once its fixed, i might host a few inbetween races for ya'll or something.

Well I had a ball practising and qualifying with you guys but just as the race started the 2nd half waliked into the room and handed the phone to me with her sick granny wanting to say hi! aarrrghhh what you do though...so I bailed fo rthe actual race. man was i pissed. Oh well the Brands Hatch track looks interetsing. Gonna be a great race in two weeks!

Sulio

hmmm...much easier than saving and uploading images.  :)

Just an idea but might be a good idea to have a practice laps log on time at night if you want to see others ont he track for bit of bumper to bumper action!?????? Say 8pm East coast time, melb that is!??? I'll jump on tonight and have a go in the Cortina. Grands Hatch on the XGN server track.

Sulio