Sign in to follow this  
haul

new bushes

Its time to replace the bushes front to back on the old girl,Any recommendation on who can supply a complete kit (78 2+2), Any state and ball park on price.

Cheers

Tony

Bought a complete front to rear kit from the U.S for about $200 landed, could give you the seller details if you like.

Rev

thanks rev much appreciated. could you please send me the sellers details.

Pauly thank you but pedders dont sell the rear, iam after a front to back kit.

thank you Tony

Thanks Hunter, I have been dealing with Fulcrum here in Townsville they can only supply a few bushes for the front, not a complete kit front to back.I would prefer a full kit rather then bits and pieces of differant brands.

Cheers

Tony

I am not 100% sure but jimmy should be able to sort you out.

It is the same company, but just mention "Chicken"(Me) and this club he should go that extr mile for you.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but..........

I'm looking to replace the bushes in my 2+2 and was wondering if anyone could recommend where to get them from? I would be really grateful!

Craig

I found Fulcrum in Stafford and also Fulcrum in Browns Plains very pleasant to deal with. Google them to get their contact details

I purchased these off the net at Ebay, should be here any day now.

p://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360035201989&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

A mate of mine purchased a kit for his Pulsar from the same seller and is extremely happy with them.

Cheers

John

I purchased these off the net at Ebay, should be here any day now.

p://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360035201989&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

A mate of mine purchased a kit for his Pulsar from the same seller and is extremely happy with them.

Cheers

John

I think the black dragon bushing kit is about the same price...

Hey lads,

A bit more info for this thread, realising the question was asked in July...

I bought Koni shocks and poly Control arm bushes through Fulcrum (Hilcrest) back in April 2009, and understand that Jimmy no longer works there.  From March I dealt with the Branch manager, Darren, and later with Steve.  The prices I paid for Koni shocks were slightly more than those mentioned in the original "Jimmy' post, but still significantly cheaper than the next I found.  I don't know if Fulcrum Hilcrest are still providing such prices.

Regarding bushes, I haven't seen a full kit of rubber bits, only of polyurethane.  I bought poly Control arm and sway bar bushes, but stuck with rubber for everything else.  My sources for the rubber bits was about half Black Dragon and half Motorsport Auto.  With store sales and their standard prices, there was real benefit to be gained at the time in sourcing from each.

I have to say that the Aussie to US exchange rate at the moment is a heap better than it was when I bought ;D (who'd have thought the biggest economic downturn in 70 years would happen just as I started to upgrade my Zed's suspension!! >:(), so the conversion benefits I was chasing then might not be as pronounced now.

I've only got around to replacing the front end bits on my 1970 240z, but am happy with the results so far.  The one piece of info I've always found missing to help decisions in the 'rubber v poly' debates, are comments from anyone who has experienced both, as opposed to someone saying how good poly was compared to 35 year old busted rubber.

www.NeverEnoughAuto.com

www.prothane.com

Carry an extensive list of suspension parts...

I bought a complete replacement set for the 280zx, excellent service and delivery time

There are numerous pros and cons regarding these products...

OEM Rubber versus others is a choice of compromise, Poly / Urethane / Nolathane based products etc offer a firmer and in most cases a more seat of your pants ride, but suffer in absorption quality's, however they do provide a far superior life of product being fuel and oil resistant and do not perish

The one missing piece of info I've always found missing in the 'rubber v poly' debates, are comments from anyone who has experienced both, as opposed to someone saying how good poly was compared to 35 year old busted rubber.

Depends on what you want, the rubber will give a lot more than the urethane bushes will.

In my circuit car I run a mixture of rubber and urathane as there are some suspension components you want a bit of give no matter how stiff the rest of the set up is.