Rota RB wheels coming!

BenZed

Ok, I've heard back from the factory:

"The RBR shape is for the 17x9.5 and 17x9.0 RBs which have deeper lips.  For the other sizes, it would still be the RB design"

I have added some 17x9 -13 wheels to my order for those who want to run big fronts too.

When the wheels arrive I will post up photos of every size I have to clear up any remaining confusion  :)

Do the 17's 8.5" fit on the rear with out flares?

I'm after 17's but not keen on the flares

I have 16x8.5 +5 wheels on the back of my Zed which fit perfectly with a slight lipping of the standard guards, so yes the 17x8.5 +4 should fit on the rear.

I'm keen.  I'll need 17s once I fit the Wilwoods : 305mm rotors so these should do the trick. 

Put me down for a staggered set of 17x8.5 and 17x9.5  8)

Also, do you have a pic of the 'steel grey' finish e.g. is it like the wheels in Toecutter's post, or is it lighter?

Cheers.

Here's another wheel with the steel grey finish

post-853-144023493193_thumb.jpg

can you get those wheels to fit with flares

in 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 for the rear??

in the bronze color??

Please refer to the original post, I have only one colour coming.

To fill out flares at the front you would need a 15 or 20mm spacer. It would be easier to use the 17x9 -13 size.

Thanks, NZeder, but the pics are what has caused all this confusion. The first pic you posted is rather misleading. On closer examination I believe both wheels are RB-Rs, as they both have the thick mounting flange you say belongs to RB-Rs (although the one on the right appears thinner bacause it has about 10mm of it painted black)

The wheel on the right, which you say is the RB-R, clearly has a different offset, diameter and rim width to the other one. If I had to guess, I'd say one is a 16x8 and the other 17x9.5.  The different offsets would account for the fact that the flange on the narrow rim is further off the floor that the wider rim, so must have more positive offset. The difference in spoke shape must therefore come from the offsets and wheel diameter. More positive offset pushing the mounting flange out - more curve in the spoke. Lower offset number: flange further in - flatter, or more angled spoke. Plus, larger diameter: longer, flatter spoke.

Agreed. Let's wait.

If you are referring to this pic

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2761.0;attach=3412;image

Then this was not posted by me. And I believe this is a shot of the 15x8 RB with a 16x8 RB-R. These are the same rims I purchased and posted here

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2761.msg21549.html#msg21549

Maybe this will help clear it up for you. Pic of 15x8 RB from the inside showing the thicker mounting flange.

And if you look at the attachments in my first post = this one http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2761.msg21549.html#msg21549

you will see that on the silver ones = 15x8 RB's you can't see the wheel studs but on the 16x8 RB-R the hyper black ones you can = flange is different and you can see the difference in the spokes between these. Also look the bearing cap there is a major difference between the two pics I posted. So I think when looking at Rota RB or RB-R look at the fronts and the bearing cap or wheel studs this should tell you if you are looking at a RB or RB-R.

I hope that helps clear up some of the confusion. Also the RB-R are not available in 15's from what I can tell. The RB-R are in 16, and now 17's along with RB in these sizes too.

post-104-144023493195_thumb.jpg

So I take it there is no news here??

If not then I'm ordering through the U.S. as the car is almost ready to go.

My wheels will be here at the end of this month, I'll post up pics then to end any confusion. Not sure what you mean by "RB-R proof"

Benzed

Would you be able to bring in this rim from Rota?

It's the WM7 spoke size 17x7 in -10 offset 4x114.3. I know its not a deep dish but a desirable offset.

Thanks Mick.

Sorry, only the RB and Grid at this stage

Benzed

Would you be able to bring in this rim from Rota?

It's the WM7 spoke size 17x7 in -10 offset 4x114.3. I know its not a deep dish but a desirable offset.

Thanks Mick.

Mick: Access Online do the DTM Z7 which is a very similar look. Pic enclosed. Bronze or silver.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DTM-Wheels-for-S13-S14-S15-R32-R33-R34-200SX-Lancer-EVO_W0QQitemZ280250701743QQihZ018QQcategoryZ42614QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Approx $1100 a set delivered. I recently bought a set of 18" DTM Rush and very happy with them and the service.

The 5-stud pattern could be overcome by using adapters to convert from 4-stud to 5-stud, eg:

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_4_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/4450-5450.htm

They are a 2" spacer which would push your wheel out 50mm, so a +35 or so offset will give you a similar look to using a -10 on a stock flange. Worth considering, as it opens up your wheel choice dramatically. You could have a wider rim than 7" also.

I'm running 20mm bolt on 5-stud spacers on my 200ZR with no probs. Much safer than long wheel studs and simple spacers.

Edit:  Access Online advise that they will have 4-stud DTMs in a couple of months.

post-595-144023494247_thumb.jpg

can you supply tyres to match the wheels??

and what colors can you powder coat the wheels??

peter

No I don't sell tyres. Any plain non-metallic colour such as black, white, red, blue, yellow etc.

Why non metallic colours?

Is it because of baking temperatures?

Do powder coatings come in semi transperant colours?

YES, they do a full clear also!!!!

i have seen some unique and unusual colours when dropping parts of to my mpowdercoater for my work.

They have a cool silver with thick pearl look. called 'citi pearl' i think. One of my customer gets all there gear done in this.

also has a slight translucence to it too.