Sign in to follow this  
Hunter

WHAT ZEDS ARE IN TASMANIA?

Finish post?? Did you see the big Goofy looking guy squashed into the passenger seat of the Red MX-5 Zero car?? Was that the control that Tammy was the radio chick? Yeah the Dutchies did a top job!! Man it was a quick year, the pace was red hot at the front of the feild!! Did you ever race against Phill House fro m Circluar head, Mick, he had a real tidy green Cooper S, and now races a white BMW 325?? he won Rookie classic , and the guy I usually service for, Pete Ullich in the mighty Jenson CV8 came second in the old bangers, a top year all round. Jamie, Pig and the boys had a HUGE Sunday night/Monday!! Elf sure loves black!! Black Elf makes him sound like somethng off lord of the rings, he just need pointy ears!!

hi all

i can beat that there are 2 260z 2+2 in my street

in howrah

mine and and a one owner from new

both 11/ month 1975

have seen a dark green 2+2 but rusty

at shoreline as well

hope that helps

ratzcar

Anyone down south know anything about this car?  It's currently FS & unfortunately I can't justify a trip to Tassie just to look at a car.  (Even a 240.  :))

Thanks in anticipation.

post-1252-144023527464_thumb.jpg

Anyone down south know anything about this car?  It's currently FS & unfortunately I can't justify a trip to Tassie just to look at a car.  (Even a 240.  :))

Thanks in anticipation.

I went and looked at this car with my dad a few weeks ago cause he was interested in buying it.  It's reasonably tidy, the interior is good.  Mechanically it seems perfect.  The reason dad didn't buy it was it had a bit of rust in most of the usual places and he doesn't have time for a project.  Passenger side floorpan was the worst.  But we found some bubbles in one of the sils, one door, one guard, and the beaver panel.  Overall it's a pretty good car and I'm very surprised it hasn't already sold at the price he's asking.  If you're willing to accept that it will need a few rust repairs in the future then it's a good buy in my opinion.  The owner seems like a very genuine guy too.

Let me know if there's any other info I can help you with.

Cheers

Shane

Thanks for the feedback Shane.  I know this is a subjective question but do you think the car would pass a roadworthy in it's current condition or will the rust, particularly the passenger floor pan, require repair before roadworthy?

Any background on the suspension / engine mods?  When I spoke to the owner today he was in a bit of a rush & didn't give too many details.

Thx again.

Here in Tassie I'm sure it would pass as it is but I know most other states are a lot more strict.  If I were to buy the car I would definately do the passenger floorpan straight away and maybe replace the front left guard if you can find one reasonably cheap.

From memory the engine is an L28 and has the 240Z carbs and a mild cam.  I'm not sure if it was built with flat tops maybe?  It's no power house but goes probably a little better than a standard 240Z and runs very smooth.

Suspension I think was a full whiteline kit with stiffer springs and swaybars.  I think it had Tokico shocks.

Don't quote me on any of this, just going on what I remember  :)

Thanks Shane.  Your memory was pretty good!

I've had a subsequent discussion with the owner & the car has a pretty long history & appears to have picked up a variety of minor mods/improvements along the way, (with not much coherent planning as to how the whole thing will fit together), but is sounds as if most things have been done reasonably well.

I'm getting some more detailed photos of the rust spots so it will be interesting to see these.  Interestingly the list of rust issues supplied by the owner wasn't as extensive as yours?  :)

A couple of locals are apparently looking at the car in detail so it will be interesting to see how quickly it sells.

does anyone knw some guy from police point or somewhere down that way who has Z parts? a few ppl have mentioned him but have dont wanna drive down there til i knw wat he has.

does anyone knw some guy from police point or somewhere down that way who has Z parts? a few ppl have mentioned him but have dont wanna drive down there til i knw wat he has.

He has pretty much everything!  Mick is a top bloke, I get most of my 2nd hand bits off him.

are u able to expand on everything or...? if u have a number or address please pm to me.

cheers  :)

The best way to contact him is to call the BP Dover servo and ask for Mick.  I have his mobile number but most of the time he's out of range or doesn't answer it.

im maybe looking to sell my 260z, 1975 2+2 L28, new rego, tiny rust and  Having it serviced soon. so if anyone is interested in tassie just send me a message on here first.

still not certain so unsure on price

cheers

Got mine back to the state!! 1971 240z, lime yellow (i know its horrible and its coming off!) with matching numbers. Just got the roaster tacked up at work today, shouldn't be long before its mounted and ready for some tin worm removal.

thumb_pickup_in_melbourne_007.JPG

Blue Rat long time to reply I know. "Flying Finish, Post Chief" basically the person that overlooks the entire Flying Finish on the Stage, Reece Dam in my case that year, Making sure communications stay alive, between the timing station and the time handover station for that stage. also making sure everyone is doing there job, setup and dismantle of Flying Finish Station.

Targa Time again soon. This year I can relax, Targa have had a restructure and have 7 dedicated crews that look after a stage each per day. All I have to do is stand gaurd at a road that comes onto the stage and watch the cars go by. Yay I have time to take photo's for once.

I am looking for one but fear I have to look outside TAS.  240Z or 2 Seater 260Z.

Not looking for top condition, but not wanting rust bucket.

Anyone know of any on the little apple isle?

you will be lucky, I got my last 240Z in vic. Your only option really is to fly over and drive it back if it is driveable.

$99 for an air ticket over

$150 odd for a bed on the boat back

$150 Fuel

Plus car cost. But if you want a zed that is probably the only way to go.

I do know a bloke that could deliver the car for $600 maybe a bit less from Sydney. He is a forum member and is willing to drive. But you will have to talk to him.

I just brought a skyline over from vic.  Was $150 for the flight on short notice, $440 to bring a car over on the spirit plus fuel, then inspection, transfer and rego here.

Don't have an issue with that concept but the $$$ I am looking at spending the actual 240/260 car might not be "driveable" is what I meant.

$600 Sydney to TAS sounds very reasonable - but why Sydney?  Was there a specific car you were referring to?

Sydney is where this bloke lives.  He sold me my new RB25 motor and delivered it to me in his car, we then swapped my L28 for his RB25.

Lets just say there is a black (correction dark blue) 240Z with an L28 for about $8000 in Sydney currently. you will find it on this forum.

aah cheers, forgot about that one as he wasn't overly forthcoming with info on the car.

definitely worth investigating further that one.