• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Hunter,

As a fully paid up member of the anti-Wankle league, I would not dare pollute this fine forum with a dirty, noisey smelly Rotary....LOL...sorry Mick.

We had the 'Tarmac Challange' up here last weekend, with a pair of brothers in a Silver 240Z running from Vic, It was running in C2 specs, with a L24 etc, sounded ace!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We are more a 'League of Gentlemen' than a club.....

Good photo Mick, was it at the mighty Barrington hillclimb during the Classic Challange?? I'm sure the Zed spoiler made all the difference. Did you get the one's I emailed? I could of done with a little Datsun back up at the Clubday at Symmons last weekend, there were Wankles everywhere! pesky things.....Did I mention that my brother has a R100?, a little shamefull family secret we dont like to talk about!

This 4 round race series the Mainlanders are talking about sounds like a good thing, I'd love to pop over and do an event at Phillip Island or Sandown?

you certianly know your pics yeah its the lake barrington hillclimb during classic challenge zed spoiler made all the difference was running well up the placing till broke spoiler on tip stage all went to beep after that diff died ( should have stuck with the 4.4 diff instead of upping it to a 4.8 ) next day at symons and then again on the monday lol had to drag the zed out of the shed to finish the event thought didnt clasifly as a finisher using two cars

But we did win the event the following year in the rx4

Off to check out lake barrington hillclimb tomorrow as part of the challenge just didnt manage to get the zed sorted for the event so ill ride the zx10r up and check it out

Sorry couldnt help you fight the wankel arm last weekend was sleeping after night shift and if i had come would have bought the rx4 so not much support

got the pics thanks looking forward to seeing the orginals dont have many of the yellow rx4 before it meet its untimley death

Would luv to do some of the mainland series too so close with the zed now got brakes sorted just few more issues to sort out But i really like the new engine so much grunt if i didnt have ears the smile would go right round my head the other day when i opened it up on the highway

mick

It's a magic hill the mighty Barrington!! I had a ripper of a day there in March.

The classic challange looks like an excellent event, It keeps slipping under the radar which is a shame. Doing it on the bike would be fun!!

My brothers 'other' car is a SS Crewman, with heaps of GO, Something that is 600kg lighter with the same engine would be awesome, I'm looking foward to seeing it in action.....

The 4 round series the Victorian guys are talking about does sound like a great idea.  I doubt I'd be able to afford to take the car over though.  Damn that bit of water in between!  I guess it wouldn't be too bad if you drove the car and tow vehicle onto the boat and hired a trailer over there.  I've had a walk around Sandown and I reckon that would be heaps of fun.  Very tight and technical.

Had good day up at lake barrington the motorkana was good Jason street in his r33 gtr was was good to watch he sure puts on a show

The challenge is a great weekend 3 days of hillclimbs and motorkanas plus day at symons for $700 entry fee and modified cars allowed no targa restrictions on must have orginal engine Know ill be running again next year

friend did the mg nationals in brisbane hired trailer in melbourne and towed mg up so much cheaper than taking trailer on the spirit

doubt i could do the 4 rounds in melbourne but might manage one

mick

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Hunter,

I was talking to Elf last weekend, and it looks like he moving along very well getting the 300zx ready for 'tugga', It looks like the cage is in and he is looking for seats, bigger brakes etc, and I think he said he had entered. He's a wild boy behind the wheel and should go well. It looks like 'Duck' will be dragging out his blue 240Zed to do some gravel events next year as well, after he carved us all up in a VN wagon at the Gravel hillclimb last weekend....old bugger!!!

Good to hear Elf is going well with the car. I still regret selling it but all was for the better.

I went for a ride with DUCK he is mad as a cut snake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top secret, but a very tidy metallic green 260Z two seater is relocating from Launceston to Burnie....the owner also has a pair of 2 plus 2 doors and a hatch for sale, if any one is interested?? send me a PM and I will pass it on.

Hey Mick, got the grunter going yet?? Highcleare hillclimb is only two weeks away!!!

• 2 weeks later...

do u need a bigger shed hodgo to fit new car car whats the plans for the 260

had few drives of the grunter but wasnt happy with new r200 lsd so pulled it apart to check set up all looks good shimmed it up just need to re fit diff now been dragged off car onto new kitchen for wife so time has been at a premium

got call today that my 17" rims are ready so will get my new rubber fitted hopefully the sticky 235 tyres will grip better than the 225 ive been running on car 

off to world superbikes at phillip island next weekend so guess doubt ill make hillclimb

Sorry Mick it's not me....I've got the 240Z you enquired about on the first page of this thread, the other red one from the north west. My shed is already overflowing, two 1600's and a couple hundred bales of hay, bloody horses!! So I'm storing/working on it at a mates shed in Smithton. I wasn't going to post anything about mine until it looks a bit more interesting, and I get he history side of it making some sense.

Hillclimb looks like its going to be a ripper, big entry so far. We have lost Barrington this year but picked up another on down in Slowbart, sorry Hobart. So it all bids well for a good year. Hope to see yours Zed in action soon.

I'm having a ball tracking it's race/rally history back to the mid 80's. It's first event was the St Helens state round in '88 it got 3rd outright, my 1600 came 2nd.....Just got to find the winner and I'll have the full podium!! Just got a heap of photos and articles from Rog's Navigator, and spoke to original builder/owner yesterday. I'll post some stuff up when it starts to look more like a car.

• 2 months later...

Hey Hunter did you get a chance to check out your old girl in Targa??

Sorry about the dodgy Longford shot, I was three people deep when I took it. He had some troubles, but in typical Elf fashion soldiered on. Did you spectate with the Wombat on the Roseberry stage??

post-1057-144023520488_thumb.jpg

post-1057-1440235205_thumb.jpg

post-1057-144023520512_thumb.jpg

i was sure elf would have finished that 44 gallon drum of black paint up by now but obviously i was wrong can always pick his cars there always black how they finish up

was good to see vandenbergs finish in 3rd outright

I was Flying Finish Post Chief....seen Elf fly past as he finished the Rosebery Stage. Looks good.

I am going to get a signed Targa Hat off him and put it in a framewith a picof the car and put it in my new house when I rebuild