Gearbox help please

Hooterz

Hi, I am new to this site.I wish I had of known about it a long time ago...

I have a gearbox that I plan to install into a 240Z and I'm not sure what it is out of.I believe that

it is a 280ZX box.

Is any body able to help ????

Many thanks,

Frank

(I hope the photos are a help)

post-968-144023489012_thumb.jpg

post-968-144023489028_thumb.jpg

Hey Frank, is that a rally zed you have or something more setup for Wakefield park ? how about some pics...where are you located in Canberra ? amazing where all these Canberra zeds keep coming from  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

haha, everyone is doing gearbox stuff at the moment. I just purchased a Nissan R30 Skyline Engine and Manual Gearbox and will be putting the gearbox into my 260.

Here is the ebay listing for it: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320266492326

I have a very newby type question: Is the actual gearstick attached to the gearbox? Or is it something I'll have to get separately? The photo isnt clear but I think I can see a little knob from the top of where the Bell Housing is?

Gearboxes suit many cars, the gear lever is specific to the model of car you want it to fit.

You will probably need a 260Z lever for this one, but must admit from photo it looks close to a 260 lever.

One thing I do know, teh Bluebird one does not fit....!

haha, everyone is doing gearbox stuff at the moment. I just purchased a Nissan R30 Skyline Engine and Manual Gearbox and will be putting the gearbox into my 260.

That was a mistake mate - the R30 Gearbox's are the 'short' boxes & they don't fit.

It places the shifter up under your dash somewhere...

I think you really need to do some more research on what parts fit etc.

That was a mistake mate - the R30 Gearbox's are the 'short' boxes & they don't fit.

It places the shifter up under your dash somewhere...

I think you really need to do some more research on what parts fit etc.

Thank you for letting me know! One of the club members had told me they would fit so I didn't look any further into it. I just saw your post listing appropriate gearboxes and don't I feel like an idiot  ::)