Next AusZcar meeting at the Jag Club - Thurs 17 July 08

Toecutter

Hi Guys,

Still a couple of months away however just getting it on the radar for all. Seeing it will be mid winter we opted for the warm confines of the Jag Club in Springvale. We shall book the larger room that allows for one car to be on the floor for presentation. We are aiming to have Ash's new RB25DET powered 240z race car in the building for Ash to spill his secrets on. So all you fellas thinking of going down the RB route should not miss this night. As usual I'm sure there will also be an array of Z's in the car park from stock to modified for a perve.

We will also be discussing the August over night cruise to Apollo Bay via the Great Ocean Road to be held shortly after the meeting on the 2/3 August and there shoud be some good video on the multitude TV screens in the room.

Also hope to discuss (finalise) plans for a Dyno day. Will have more info on this soon.

I am posting this very early as we have had a really good turn out on the last cruise to Phillip Island and we would like to keep the momentum going. So do your best to make it on the night. You all have plenty of time to work around this date so get those cars running and put some faces to names on the night. Remember the more the merrier. All food and non alcholic drinks will be provided on the night free of charge.

When: 7:30pm til 10:00ish, Thursday 17rd July 2008.

Where: Jaguar Car Club of Victoria, 23 Rosalie St, Springvale, Vic. 3171 (Just off Springvale Rd)

See you there Sulio.

EDIT: DATE HAS BEEN CHANGED FROM 23 TO 17 July 2008 DUE TO LOCATION AVAILABILITY

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alan,

This is not an NDSOC event so unfortunatley I expect the answer would be no. Many of us are NDSOC members including myself and enjoy everything it has to offer, however initialy this site started some years ago just to put more Z enthusiasts in touch. It has grown to more than that and we have looked at becoming an official club however the red tape was just too much. I'm not sure of what we would need to do to be affiliated to NDSOC to the level where we could run events or if it would even be possible.

Sulio

Hi Guys

Unfortunately the permit rules state that the only events hosted by an authorised club are eligible for CH permit use (ie. only NDSOC hosted events or events hosted by any other club aurthorised to issue permit plates.......if that makes sense ::)).

As permit plate secretary for the NDSOC I have had some correspondence from the AOMC  (Association of Motor Clubs- who administer the CH plate scheme for Vic Roads)  highlighting some "missuse" of permit plates so it is advisable that you only use your CH plated cars for advertised NDSOC events (or risk a $500+ unregistered vehicle fine from Mr Plod) and a nasty letter from me ;)

Going forward - Affiliation with NDSOC

This is certainly possible and I would support this move, I would suggest that a "committee" or spokesman be tasked with sending a proposal to the NDSOC president (Don Hill).

Viczcar web members would have to join the NDSOC (for permit plate eligibility) and VicZcar events could be advertised in the monthly NDSOC magazine (including meetings, social events, club runs etc), this would allow greater flexibility for all those wanting to move their Zed onto a permit plate. NDSOC affiliation would also allow VicZcar members to gain CAMS licenses for track competition and compete in MSCA sprint events or any other CAMS affiliated events.

If you guys would like to persue this further maybe discuss this at your upcoming July meeting or PM me and I can put you in contact with the NDSOC commitee.

cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the update. I shall talk to Gav and and other members regarding this move. There are obviously much we can gain fro the affiliation and NDSOC will most likely pick up some members. I will be in touch soon.

Sulio

No probs Sulio

Maybe get onto this sooner rather later as you have the Apollo Bay cruise coming up next month and I'm sure you would like to take the Zed .

In the interim I can however give you a special use voucher for that weekend which will cover the use of the permit plates (special use vouchers are avalable from me for particualr events not covered directly by the NDSOC).

cheers

Alan 

Maybe get onto this sooner rather later as you have the Apollo Bay cruise coming up next month and I'm sure you would like to take the Zed .

Yes your right and other members have PM'd me asking the same question. We should have something together by the end of this week.

Thanks,

Sulio

• Administrators

Hi Guys,

Kinda in a rush with this reply so keeping it short.

We have considered affiliation with NDSOC previously. However it was under the assumption of a merger. Our members at the time (2004) were against this.

We have now grown to be a Australia wide site, I have no problem with being affiliated with the NDSOC and encourage members looking for CH plates in Victoria to join this club, but I personally would like to keep the status quo so to speak.

Being out of the country its difficult for me to join in with discussions, however I think moving forward I should perhaps put together a page on this site about becoming CH compliant and provide members with a list of various clubs they can join.

I'm still not sure what is involved to be able to host "approved" CH events.

Perhaps we could move this discussion to our club related section?

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/board,18.0.html

Before making any decisions on this sort of thing I'd really like the communities input. As they are what makes this site. Not I or Sulio alone. :)

Good points Gav, I do believe the point raised in 2004 was more about other dastun models than club affiliation!? Anyhow lets not hijack this thread and start a new one giving this point the attention is deserves.

I have started a thread here to address the issue.

http://www.viczcar.com/forum/index.php/topic,2567.0.html

Sulio

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you will make it John.

We hope to have two RB powered Z's on show for the night so it'll be right up your alley!

Ash and Mayham. I'll PM you to to check your all set and nut out details for the night. We really want to get as many people in as possible for the night so please make an effort guys. No matter if your Z's not going, come and get inspired to finish that build off.

Just out of curiousity can you please indicate on this thread if you plan to make it for this meeting just so I can get some idea on how much food to organize!?????

Thanks,

Sulio

• Moderators

I'm one step away from installing some Webers or Dellorto's on the RB25 for now just to get it going.....but then I need to find a way to control ignition. Buying the Wolf this week to start the wiring job....I think I need some counseling...I'm losing it!

Good guys, my current count is at about 15 based on forum count. I can think of at least 5 more that come to mind that I'm sure will attend so we are aiming for at least 20 people.

As we have booked the Jag Club I would like to ask anybody that is on the fence as to whether they will be coming or not to put in the effort. It should be a really good night with some nice cars for all to have a look at.

Sulio

Sorry mate but I will not be here for that run. I should be in london by then on rute to Oslo. the thing I get my self in to over a bottle of red. PS little bruce want to go on the next run after that if feed him snakes and pepsi.  ;D ;D ;D

he also asked if ZZZ8 realy was faster than a one of those itialian red things with the fun  yellow horses on the front of it.           

Ahhh good old little Bruce. Maybe big Bruce can tell little Bruce if he bahaves for the next 3-4 months he can have sit in my passenger seat on the next run for a short period. Don't worry I am over tyring to impress people in my car so he would be with a safe responsible driver whilst in the car. You can also let him know that they aren't horses on that badge but little whimpy shetlen ponies.  ;)

hey sulio,

ben and I will be there on thursday, Mayhem helped me with the electrical issues and the thermo fan goes on in the morning, if temp can stay right we are there!  I won't have the triples on but everything else is a go!

Rev