Logbooking a Car for Sprints Only

260DET

A couple of questions but basically how do CAMS approach the the varying requirements, on the type of event eg sprints, or, the level of of competition eg national? The specific questions are, are any specific approved/types of seats required, and, will a tinted hatch glass be OK? On the glass, new ones are not available so I'm pretty well stuck with the tinted perspex one I have.

As far as varying requirements for different categories / levels, basically you pick a category and logbook the car to that.

Its then up to event organisers to decide if your car meet the requirements for whatever type of event you enter. You're not limited to entering events for what its logbooked for.  My 1600 is logbooked as Gp 3 PRC (ie a rally car) despite never being used on dirt, because that was the best "fit" when I got it inspected, according to the CAMS logbook inspector.

In your case, pick a category that allows the seats you have and a perspex window, even if that ends up being sports sedans or something.

You don't need to logbook a car for sprint.

There is a General Requirement for car and drivers here

https://cams.com.au/regulations/manual/general-requirements

I am pretty sure for sprints any seat is fine provided it's mounted correctly

With tint 'have any window or windscreen fitted made from a material which is clear or, if tinted, compliant with AS 2080;'

If you have a cage it probably wise to register it with CAMS because they do change their cage requirement structure from year to year.

No worries, I finally obtained a CAMS Bronze Event Command qualification late last year (so I'm now qualified to act as Clerk of Course at race meetings up to State level)  Part of getting the qualification was to either learn all this stuff or learn where it could be found. 

Was never easy to find stuff on CAMS website, they re-designed the whole website recently and made it even harder...........

Edited by 1600dave

1 hour ago, OdinZ said:

Might be a silly question, but does those that want run in the regularity at CB don't need to be log booked do they?  

Hi OdinZ, for CB the cars have to be either road registered or log booked

Check out last year's Sup Regs etc at http://www.challengebathurst.com/competitor-info they have changed very little over the past couple of years,

Cheers

Dave