Finally coming out....

Hello :) 

I've lurked as a 'guest' on here for a few years now, observing and admiring from afar.

I used to own a z32tt and was quite active in that community, I recognise some names here from the aus300zx forums. Some of you might remember me under username URHYNS.
After I sold the Z32, a large black hole was left in my garage sucking in every metaphorical wall I put up as I pretended I'd scratched my Zed itch. I currently own a 135i M Sport with a bit of tuning etc. Fun car, but it's not doing it for me coming out of a VL Turbo and Z32. I've recently turned and decided to face it head on, sell the Beemer, keep my trusty 2000 model Lancer as a daily grinder and look for my dream S30 Z.

I'm going to be quite particular and fussy about the vehicle I eventually purchase. It must be a 2 seater, not fussed whether it's a 240 or 260, probably prefer the latter due to affordability. I'm looking for a turn-key (or very close to) resto-mod, preferably with a manual RB25/26/30 or LSx conversion with all running gear, suspension and brake upgrades already done...
Rust will be taken care of, preferably paint too, not fussed on interior as I'd be happy to retrim to my preference. I'm not looking for a race car, more a bulletproof streeter/weekend warrior with reliability to boot. I'm not mechanical or fabrication minded apart from service basics.

I guess I'm not asking for offers here because I'm not 100% ready to pull the trigger financially, just opening up for advice and opinions. Some specific questions I have though if anyone can point me in the right direction:

• If purchasing something similar to the above requirements from interstate, what considerations do I need to keep in mind when registering it in Victoria?
  • If it's been engineered and registered interstate, do I need to re-engineer it in VIC?
  • What other considerations should I make and implement to make the whole process easier, ie: what did you not do that you wish you did (if you were in the same boat as me).

My budget will be $45K for something that meets the above, maybe more for something absolutely immaculate. It's amazing how things work, there were a couple of cars I had my eye on which ticked all the boxes listed on carsales that were there for AGES. An amazing blue 240 in SA with an RB25 (way out of budget) and a red 260 with an rb30 which I lusted over for so long, local to me too. As soon as I started considering them (especially the 260 as it was realistic for my budget), they sold (or were taken down).

Anyway, that's me, welcome any thoughts and feedback.

Elyas

Some photos of my old Z...

No photo description available.

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Hey Elyas, It’s a good start to ask on this forum as I was looking for close to 12 months prior to posting a Wanted ad here 2 years ago and within a few hours I had 3 to choose from. I was also after a restored, turn key RB powered 2 seater. Something will turn up and I believe your budget will get you what you want.

D92C45F8-C098-4347-9B15-5E0CA30D7F3B.jpeg

• 1 month later...