Sign in to follow this  
BenZed

Carbon and fibreglass parts from Japan for various Datsuns

Hello all,

I have a contact in Japan that can supply me some very hard-to-get fibreglass and carbon parts for Zs and other Datsuns. I can also get a big variety of parts for KPGC10 Skyline GT-Rs. If anyone is interested PM me.

The list below is the price excluding freight. If you can wait I bring in containers from Japan every few months so I can do the freight for free.

240Z (S30)

Carbon bonnet (carbon skin over fibreglass frame) $1200

Full Carbon bonnet $1750

Fibreglass front guards $1200 pair

Carbon front guards (carbon outer skin, fibreglass frame) $2150 pair

Fibreglass flares (240ZG style) $300

Carbon flares (240ZG style) $570

Carbon front spoiler with brake ducts $680

Fibreglass headlight cowlings (pair) $680

Carbon rear spoiler $500

Carbon rear hatch (carbon skin over fibreglass frame) $1200

Full Carbon hatch $1750

Carbon tail light garnish $500

Fibreglass doors $2500 pair

Carbon doors (carbon outer skin, fibreglass inner shell) $3300 pair

Full carbon doors $4000  pair  :o

280ZX (S130)

Fibreglass front guards (pair) $1200

1600 (510)

Carbon bootlid (carbon skin over fibreglass frame) $890

1200 (GB122)

240K (GC110)

Skyline RS (DR30)

Carbon bonnet (carbon skin over fibreglass frame) $1250

Carbon bootlid (carbon skin over fibreglass frame) $980

Fairlady (SR311)

Full fibreglass door shells (pair) $2500

post-853-144023487929_thumb.jpg

post-853-144023487932_thumb.jpg

post-853-144023487934_thumb.jpg

post-853-144023487938_thumb.jpg

You are Satan, stop tempting me Satan!!!

your soul is mine mwah ha hahhhh

how i wish i had money to waste...what a good waste it would be :D

are you able to get cf bumpers?

i'm hoping to one day "upgrade" to cf flares and rear spoiler, so if you're still selling these in a couple of years time ;)

it took me a minute to focus my attention as I was really admiring that rear spoiler......I wonder if it was a carbon fibre piece of fruit that robbed Adam & Eve of their innocence? nevertheless no use entertaining the devil on this one ;)....my wallet couldn't afford it! ;D

REV.

i'm hoping to one day "upgrade" to cf flares and rear spoiler, so if you're still selling these in a couple of years time ;)

I second the cf bumpers, any available?

thats a pretty comprehensive list of CF S30 parts. hmmm...that rear tail light set would look awsome, suttle nice, drool.

Sulio

I second the cf bumpers, any available?

Actually I haven't seen them in Japan, I got mine from MSA in the US.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/7BSA05

the carbon bonnet and guards seem a little pricey? I know they are genuine japanese items, but you can get them for a better price from Alfa Motorsports, and id wager that the quality would be just as good.

But that carbon tail light garnish, ooohhhhh yeeaaaaaa.

(im saving my pennies now)

If only the rear tail light garnish fitted us big bummed 260z 2+2 owners .  :( :( :(

on the CF bonnet though ... Are these rare items or are would they be available 3 months from now or so ?

Rain + bonnet vents = water in the engine bay. Plus it is CF.  ;D

the carbon bonnet and guards seem a little pricey? I know they are genuine japanese items, but you can get them for a better price from Alfa Motorsports, and id wager that the quality would be just as good.

But that carbon tail light garnish, ooohhhhh yeeaaaaaa.

(im saving my pennies now)

I haven't seen a bonnet from Alfa, but I bought a pair of their guards and they needed a bit of work to fit. They also don't have the catch for the flip-up access panels to clip down.

If only the rear tail light garnish fitted us big bummed 260z 2+2 owners .  :( :( :(

on the CF bonnet though ... Are these rare items or are would they be available 3 months from now or so ?

Rain + bonnet vents = water in the engine bay. Plus it is CF.  ;D

These parts are air-freighted from Japan. Usually they take a week or two to leave Japan, plus a week or so in freight and customs. I've seen these bonnets and they are better than the one I got from the US, which cost closer to $2k landed by sea freight.

A full carbon version is available too, for $1750. Note how the hinge mounts and latch mount are moulded in carbon too with the threads embedded, rather than using bits of aluminium and different nuts and bolts

post-853-144023487987_thumb.jpg

post-853-14402348799_thumb.jpg

How cool is this? They call this light panel a 'racing jacket'. This is a carbon version of the panel used on GC110 GT-R race cars in Japan in the seventies. Anybody driving a 240K? This  panel is $390 and the chin spoiler is $250 (fibreglass only)

post-853-144023487993_thumb.jpg

They look great for the mad keen where money is no object. But I would make sure I took all the weight out of my car I could before going in this direction. Nice find though.

Is the rear spoiler pretty much a copy of the standard spolier from the Z and is it full carbon?

Also can it be shipped directly to the buyer instead of going to Sydney then reshipped onto the buyer?

I'd be interested in a CF bonnet in future, when I start on my project again. Some awesome parts there.

HI

That full carbon bonnet is technically not full carbon as you can see the CSM on the back. Still looks really nice though.

Ash

Please note I have added more 240Z parts to the original post including doors and hatch

yea its carbon skined either frp or fg.... not worth the full 1750, but still looks very trick and for (hopefully) very new straight bonnet!!!! looks cool.

I can do it for $1350 without the air freight.

The full carbon bonnet has only one layer of FRP under the carbon shell for rigidity which stops dimples developing in the carbon shell. The one I imported from America is made the same way. To make it only with carbon would require double the amount of carbon which would cost much more and wouldn't be any lighter. If you can find a bonnet of this quality that's cheaper I'd be very interested to see it.

me too!

a bloke here at my work does do carbon but mainly f/glass, he used to do boat hulls/mast's in both fg and cf, for racing yachts etc etc.

he quoted me to do customised inner door skins with integrated handle and speaker mould (for a 6" in the door) also with a smallish 240Z logo embosed into the pattern for approx 480$ each side.

not bad really but the carbon weave is pretty $$$'ey and so is the epoxy, i asked about f/glass with a CF finishing cover, and still around 400$ mark each.

cheers nat0