theremm

Fan shroud

Does anyone have a fan shroud to suit a 1973 240z spare they would be happy to sell? 

Not sure if there are model differences between the various years, 240/260/2+2 etc. Happy to take a later shroud if they are the same. 

Hi

I think I have late model 2+2 one in the shed.

I have no idea if it is suitable for your application though ?

Cheers

PB

Posted (edited)

Is that the 2-piece plastic one? I have one here too plus the matching radiator, off a late 260 2+2;  I've already checked & the radiator is not a bolt-in swap with the original radiator on my early 260Z - which would be the same as on a '73 240Z - without trimming or other modifications; the later radiator being taller (& even a touch wider) as it extends down lower behind the different late-260Z front chassis member.

But a fan shroud is a smart idea. So which early Aussie Zeds got them if at all?

I think the very early shrouds were metal? Quite a while ago I can remember someone on Gumtree advertising for one for many many months, dunno if he ever got one.

Edited by gilltech

I've since been told that apparently 240z's never came fitted with shrouds, despite having the mounting points for them. I've seen the later plastic 2 piece shrouds around as well as the 1 piece metal shroud. Not sure which cars got the metal shrouds?