24 Dat

Challenge Bathurst 2019 Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the 240Z

Well its on for 2019,

We will be celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the 240Z at Challenge Bathurst. The dates are now set Super Sprints 28th and 29th of November and Modern Regularity 30th of November and 1st of December. (My plan was to celebrate it in 2020 but this has been decided from way above my head)

In the Regularity we will have at least 50 Z's in the one group with the other 5 spots filled with other famous Nissan/Datsuns, we also have the opportunity to fill another complete group of 55. All of our my groups past CB non Z competitors will be able to join this group. We also have some famous Drivers also showing interest in joining our group.  

This will be the first big Motorsport and Car display celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 240Z after its release in October 1969

After talking with NSW, Vic. S.A, W.A and Act. members who were at CB this year everyone one is excited and on board to make it happen, it is going to be one for the record books.

We will have again access to the huge corporate area and outside veranda  above garages 1-4 which has a fantastic view down the Pit Straight, around Hell Corner then up Mountain Straight for our competitors,  volunteers, Car show entrants and there guest. 

We have free camping for competitors and volunteers in the Officials and Volunteer area, which has powered and watered site

Budget accommodation at the local uni (TBA)

A Festival of Z's. Car show and concourse 

and many other great activities that we are working on 

SO SAVE THE DATES 28/11/2019- 01/12/19 and watch this space

If you are going to compete at Bathurst one time in your life this is it, but don't forget rule number 1 Motorsport is Dangerous!

Sprints or Regularity? The way things are going Regularity may end up with some black flagging but Sprints are significantly more expensive so a Sprint group probably would not work, unless Nissan come to the party :o

I had a chat with some of the Vic guys today. They are very keen for this event. Some to do the race track and some for show and shine. But mainly they just want to be a part of what’s going to be a huge weekend of Motorsport heaven.

Hopefully the convoy up the Hume hwy will be long and strong.