Ads

The last few days when looking at a thread, there are ads covering the post, not above or to the side but directly on top so you cant read the post. Maybe it's my computer but I'm not getting that on any other sites ? 

Anyone else getting this ?

• Administrators

Is it 1 particular type of ad? Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?

@Enzo I've added you to donating members group. I don't think anyone has donated as much as you have!

Donating members don't get ads. :)

• Administrators

Hey guys,

What web browsers are you using? I'm not seeing this problem with Google Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

I'm interested in your web browser and potentially version of it also? Might be good to know if you're on iOS, Android, Macbook or PC?

If i'm signed in not a problem i don't see them at all (probably as i'm a donating member ) but if just checking out the website,  i use google chrome, these ads are all over the place.

@gav240z why not trying completely logging out of google (not sure if you can do that) and then taking a look 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, 24 Dat said:

If i'm signed in not a problem i don't see them at all (probably as i'm a donating member )

Yes donating members don't see ads (when signed in).

10 hours ago, bjszed said:

Don't have the issue today. It doesn't happen every time. And only the last week or so.

I actually suspect it's related to Google AdSense not so much the forum software. I noticed a similar problem with some Gumtree listings the other day.

15 minutes ago, cracker said:

chrome on ios mobile is a problem, chrome on mac os not a problem for me. fyi

Thanks, going to be tricky to test that, since I don't have an iOS device handy.

If this is still happening, please let me know?

PS: Can you guys please try clearing cache and cookies also? When I upgraded the website I had to flush the local server cache to clear all the template files. However your local browsers may still be caching the older versions of a template / files and this may also be a factor here.