Abby

the statutory/mandatory

Hi all, my name is Abz. As hard as I've been trying, it appears my long term lurking efforts have gone unnoticed by everyone here, so I guess it's time I fix me a username and say hello.

I'm a (young, but!) retired mechanic and I've been in love with Datsuns and especially Z's since: A) I read an article in "zoom" (I think it was zoom, might have been fast fours) about a pale yellow 240 with a beautiful turbo'd  l series, B) since rebuilding the l24e out of my first car (rmr30 hatch) as a first year apprentice not to mention owning that car in general.

I don't own anything at the moment and I'm probably not going to be the one that's always responding helping others with their questions (at least not for now) but I am patiently waiting for the right car to come along at a time when I happen to have sufficient resources. 

It'll happen.

Until then, thank you all for letting me stand quietly in the corner whilst living vicariously.

18 hours ago, 260z blues said:

Keep looking the right car will come along and welcome. 

Thank you. If I keep putting it out to the universe I'm sure it will one day. mechanical and electrical issues don't scare me at all but I can't do sheet metal (sadly that's what most of the "projects" out there require) C'est la vie!

Hi Abz

Welcome, more than welcome to “stand in the corner” great way to learn some of the idiosyncrasies of both Z’s and this forum community.

Waiting patiently is a good idea good cars to come along for sale, but when they do not hesitate - they sell very quickly.

Cheers

PB