Taylor_Ladenfur

Best Car for Red / Green P's QLD

Hey There, I have a 15,000$ and wanting a fast V6 car I already have one in mind which is a 350z. Just wanted to ask anyone else who has or had a car that would be suitable but also high performance but conforming to the P plater rules in QLD.

Try driving around in something a little less powerful first mate. We don't need another statistic added because of a vehicle collision. 

To be less politically correct... Buy a 1980's Corolla & get ur dad to adjust the throttle to only go half way, we don't need young maniacs who think they are Peter brock on the road!

1 hour ago, 240ZR said:

To be less politically correct... Buy a 1980's Corolla & get ur dad to adjust the throttle to only go half way, we don't need young maniacs who think they are Peter brock on the road!

Why not?  It worked for Peter Brock.

1 minute ago, RLY240 said:

Why not?  It worked for Peter Brock.

It worked for him because he WAS Peter Brock. Besides, they were differnt times back then. Brocky learnt to drive as a youngster in real cars & not on xbox or Playstation, he also didn't have to txt his girlfriend or check his social media every 2 minutes whilst driving around. 

On 8/22/2018 at 7:42 PM, chris240 said:

71 Val.

You won't find a roadworthy and registered '71 Valiant for $15k or less nowadays

trust me mate i am on green p plates down in Victoria stay away from any thing that's a sports car and avoid driving later at night i get pulled up all the time in a 95 magna that's clean not beaten up. unless you enjoy getting pulled over every time you drive i would avoid a sports car on p plates

FGS. Why do you want 'high performance'? Basically every car built in the last 20 years is high performance - as in light, fast and fuel-efficient too - compared to the sorts of cars many of us learnt on in the '70s and '80s. The only place for 'high performance' is on the racetrack, not on our suburban streets and motorways thankyou very much.

The P-plate rules aren't made just to inconvenience people. They are there to provide some control over new drivers to hopefully lessen the likelihood of them maiming or killing themselves and/or other people, while they build up driving experience and road sense which takes many years to accumulate. Being issued a driving licence is a privilege not a right.