MZR Datsun 240z Coupes

simonmj

Guys check this out.

MZR Roadsports, a UK bespoke car restorer is betting on the increasing popularity of the 240Z with their line of restored models, from a basic Classic-Edition to a Singer 911-like Sport-Design. Each body shell is stripped, treated to prevent rust and re-assembled using re-engineered, revised and bespoke components.

Price from US $89,000 for the Classic edition to $114,000 for the Sports Edition.

http://mzrroadsports.co.uk/en/

Have seen a few videos on the Sport-Design, really nice fit and finish from what I can see. Price is a bit ambitious for what you're getting in my opinion, did a quick conversion for their 2.9L Sport-Design - $155,000 AUD! That'd be before delivery fees and shipping. Don't want to even think about what they'd ask for a stroker.

Do wish them best of luck though, I'm sure there's a market for boutique Fairladys. Plus this likely will lead to more companies producing nice bits for our Z's.

I suppose the hefty $155,000 AUD price for a Datsun 240z is all relative.

A few years ago, a 1967 Toyota 2000GT sold in an auction for a whopping $US 1,155,000!

https://jalopnik.com/this-1-2-million-toyota-nearly-tripled-in-value-in-thr-484505000

Japanese vintage cars are slowly gaining traction among global collectors.

• 4 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 1:11 AM, simonmj said:

Guys check this out.

MZR Roadsports, a UK bespoke car restorer is betting on the increasing popularity of the 240Z with their line of restored models, from a basic Classic-Edition to a Singer 911-like Sport-Design. Each body shell is stripped, treated to prevent rust and re-assembled using re-engineered, revised and bespoke components.

Price from US $89,000 for the Classic edition to $114,000 for the Sports Edition.

http://mzrroadsports.co.uk/en/

Knowing the costs of full nut and bolt restoration, I am seriously considering ordering one of MZR's 50th specials. These are like modern cars in the coolest body shape designed. Maybe I have something wrong with me but I am thinking this over an M5. My thoughts are company car  / daily driver. If people were open with the costs of restorations, you would be shocked at the cost to bring. zed back to new condition.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, specialp3 said:

If people were open with the costs of restorations, you would be shocked at the cost to bring. zed back to new condition.

Might be a few more divorces too!

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty compelling offer to a shaky hands mechanical numpty like me, considering they source the car and panels, do all the bodywork etc as well as the extensive mechanical work.  Import costs and engineering for rego in Australia though would have to add something like $30k to the already high price I am guessing. I ended up having to outsource 90% of the work on my car so I know what it costs and my car is far from perfect!