Jak260z

Fitting SR20DET into 260z

Question

Hi guys

Would someone please inform/direct/link me of whats required to fully fit the above please?   cheers

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Jak260z said:

Hi guys

Would someone please inform/direct/link me of whats required to fully fit the above please?   cheers

1b1.gif

@peter mc did it a few years back in his 260z that @Gordo now races with an L-series back in.

Someone else racing their 260z has 1 in it I'm sure, but username escapes me at the moment.

Really sorry Jak, haven't been on here for a while. I have an FJ20ET 4cyl in a 260Z and reckon an SR20 would be just as easy. You will need to modify the rear gearbox mount to take the longer SR box, modify the shifter to get the gear knob in the right spot (I didn't need to cut the hole out) shorten the tailshaft and make up engine mounts. I used the existing holes towards the front of the block, usually mounting the aircon etc to mount thick steel plates then used 260z mounts, one standard and one slightly modified  to mount to the stock spots on the cross member (I wanted to always be able to go back to standard).