scotta

72 bonnet latch

I’m looking for a bonnet latch for a 72 Fairlady Z. (Same as the 240z latch) 

male and female parts. (I do not need the cable)

On 8/1/2018 at 5:54 AM, Groundhog said:

Be aware that catches on LHD and RHD cars are opposite handed due to the pull cable coming from the other side.

Whilst I’m based in the US I have a RHD version car, that’s why I’m reaching out to Aust for the right version.

I'm could be wrong but I thought I read some where that if you disassemble the latching mechanism and reverse a certain part  it will work in opposite direction

I've made a zRHD latch into a LHD latch. I.made a new hook as the tab to release has to be bent 180the other way. The part with the pastic coating. There is also a high side and low side on the base plate where the spring retainer holes are. You can do it but a purist would spot the difference. If you want one to modify PM me.288228310_Bonnetlatch260Z_zpsw4xjmpkc.PNG.f272a545893cb4fffb28f46f9a43b5a3.PNG

The early bonnet latches had the pivot pin in a pressed out section of the channel bent 90 degrees. THis was a weak point and in later bonnet latches they spot welded in the hinge. You can see the spot welded section and hinge.

Bonnet latch 260Z_zpsw4xjmpkc.PNG

Bonnet latch.jpg