Need to Find this Rubber Grommet

JDM-TOY

Hi Lads 

I been searching all over the internet for this grommet that is located on the firewall hole for the steering shaft but no luck. Been to 90% of websites that sell S30 parts.

Mine was left on and the engine bay was painted but I want to replace it as the engine bay is getting painted again due to brake fluid spilling from the master cylinder. 

Would love your help

Cheers

Youhan

P.S Love the colour

Screenshot_20180731-215549_Gallery.jpg

As best I recall there is no grommet as such. What you are looking at is some goop or tar like sealant possibly applied at the factory. There should be a plain square rubber gasket inside the cabin that sandwiches between the base of the steering column and the inside of the firewall attached by the 4 bolts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2018 at 9:44 AM, KatoKid said:

As best I recall there is no grommet as such. What you are looking at is some goop or tar like sealant possibly applied at the factory. There should be a plain square rubber gasket inside the cabin that sandwiches between the base of the steering column and the inside of the firewall attached by the 4 bolts.

Thanks @KatoKid yeah  I have seen the square gasket but not the firewall one. Thought someone might have replaced theirs.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Hokin I actually purchased a Steering Column Grommet as suggested by Dave @KatoKid from Zedd Saver https://www.zeddsaver.com/collections/miscellaneous-rubber/products/datsun-240z-steering-column-grommet .

Problem is that is costed me $50 AUD including shipping. I think this will do the job, I will keep you guys posted in the build thread

STEERING_COLUMN_EDIT_grande.jpg

Edited by JDM-TOY