Bonnet

Elvis

I'm having bonnet clearance issues,I have shave my air cleaner to get the bonnet to close (bonnet sticks up 15 mm) which I'm not happy with.Thinking of cutting bonnet .Any ideas like bonnet scoop,shaker that is tastefully subtle 

Depends what is the offending part of the engine (ie the reason it won't close). If it's the air cleaner, I'd say modify the air cleaner before the bonnet... but sounds like it's something else as well?

IMO as soon as you start doing non factory mods of the bonnet, you start to lose the nice clean 240z look.

Edited by cracker

I've exhausted all other options,motor mounts,air cleaner mods etc.Its a v8.And yes a small scoop etc is subtle compared to all my other cars?As for that last remark that's very helpfull Mr Peter Allen.

Hi Elvis, Spectre make a polished aluminium low profile hat for the carby that can be attached to an air-cleaner with a cold air pickup in front of the radiator. I have an L28 with a 4 barrel EFI with this setup. No clearance problems at all. The hat is less than 3'' (75mm) high.

L28 FiTech.JPG