Semi Slick Tyres

Roady

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations of a good tyre place on where I can buy a set of semi slick tyres for a 16" rim (205/45 - 205/55)?  Or if anyone has some they want to sell?

Also any suggestions on brand?

Anywhere between Newcastle and Sydney

Cheers

Edited by Roady

Thanks for the info everyone - I'll look into the A050's. 

St George tyres will be close by so I'll give them a go as well.  Really appreciate the tip - nothing worse than spending good money for crap service.

Cheers

Jason

@hmd what’s the wear like on the Yoki’s?

Quite a few people recommend the Yoki’s, I’d heard they wore quicker than others but I guess if they’re the quicker tyre then that’s the trade off.

I’ve run Toyo R888’s and Bridgestone RE55’s RE11s. Bridgestones were great in the dry, Toyo’s great in the wet. 

The wear is really much the same as the re11s, however the yoki maintains grip consistently until it wears out.

whereas other tyres tend to go harder after heat cycles. From personal experience they are faster than r888, re55 and re11s.

These Yokohama AO50's, has anyone experience with their mounted life? It's good to know that their track performance is good and even over their tread life but what about storage once mounted on the wheel? Any particular precautions?