Roady

Spring free length

Hi everyone,  just a couple of questions regarding spring free length.  In the 240z manual, it mentions different lengths (left vs right) for the front springs.  Is this the case with the rear springs as well?

I found a reference on the this site to King Springs which is what Is currently installed on my car:

KDFL - 08 = 305mm free length

KDRL - 09 = 285mm free length

Anyone have a set lying around to measure (interested to know if there is any difference between left and right both front and rear).

Cheers

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Roady said:

Hi everyone,  just a couple of questions regarding spring free length.  In the 240z manual, it mentions different lengths (left vs right) for the front springs.  Is this the case with the rear springs as well?

I found a reference on the this site to King Springs which is what Is currently installed on my car:

KDFL - 08 = 305mm free length

KDRL - 09 = 285mm free length

Anyone have a set lying around to measure (interested to know if there is any difference between left and right both front and rear).

Cheers

Do you mean different free lengths in the king springs?

i don’t remember them being different when I first installed them

i have my suspension apart at the moment  so I can measure them but I cut the top coil out of my kdfl08’s to get a lower ride height.

my Kdrl09’s are uncut though  

Mick

Edited by Cozza

Great info everyone. A wealth of knowledge as always.  

Mick if you could measure the 09's that would be great.  From the sounds of it no difference in height in the rears but it would be great to confirm they are about 285mm both sides.  Also while they are out of the car could you confirm the rough diameter of the entire spring (not the metal coil) - approx 115mm I think.

cheers