Planned Upgrade Ver 3.x To 4.x

Message added by gav240z

This thread is now locked, post migration.

For feature requests, functionality questions etc.. Please use the new topic.

Great work Gav. The new site is very nice to navigate and use. I did have a post go missing yesterday just as you must have updated the site. Typical of my timing. 

I was just saying thanks for all your work and that it is appreciated. And that it had been some time since I donated to the site so sent you some coin last night.

Thank

Jeff. 

• Administrators

Thanks Jeff saw that, but with 4 Jeff's I forget who is who when donations come through!

Post would only have gone missing if it wasn't submitted before I put it offline. Since I upgraded the live site and database.

• Moderators

Looks more like equal 1st, you are only showing as third due to your lower Post count.

the new software has introduced a new “reacted to” count. In place of the previous “likes” scores.

the “reacted to” also has a daily leaderboard.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, GregTas said:

Great! Now I've won two trophies. Do you need my mailing address? :)

Trophy.jpg.2749931437a538f019b5385823df4b28.jpg

The night is still young, could be a few more trophies tonite.

Really liking the new format Gav, but I've noticed something odd regarding new content for existing threads. 

Hope this makes sense, but instead of taking me to the newest ( unread ) content of a thread, I simply end up at the beginning of each thread. Having to navigate manually to the last page. 

Am I  doing something wrong?. Using android mobile. 

I fully appreciate/understand the time and effort required. 

Cheers, 

Rob

• Moderators

I am liking that no matter where you are in threads, clicking “Unread Content” takes you unread content for the entire forum, not just the area you are currently in.

1 hour ago, PB260Z said:

Hi Rob

Fron the “Unread Content page ”if you click on the “clock” with the time elapsed since posted it will take you to the latest posts

I access the site from my mobile most of the time. On this new update I find the clock icon takes me to the most recent post. If I click on the subject title it takes me to the first post but haven’t found a way to get to the first post I haven’t read yet.

Any ideas?

• Administrators

On mobile click the three lines on the top right hand corner to reveal your user menu. Then click "activity" -> activity.

It shows me a list and clicking on the posts takes me to the latest reply.

Side note: I suspect we will all have to spend a little while learning the new ropes. The upgrade basically stated that the old theme couldn't be preserved with the new version. Hence quite a jarring change. But overall I think it's better than the previous version. Just gonna take some adjustment.

• Moderators

Post 1.1

Hi

I am creating this thread to allow for testing of variuous functions of the new software.

By using a separate thread we should eliminate the risk of damaging real threads.

Cheers

PB

• PB260Z locked and unlocked this topic
  • PB260Z locked and unlocked this topic
  • Moderators

Post 3.1

Have merged #2 into #3 and left the original #2 as a link to #3

this is the replacemnent of #2, #2A

then wanted to move post 3.1 to thread #2

as original #2 was now just a link created #2A performed moves, then renamed as #2

post order  was based creation time stamp, thus content was before introduction.

have renamed as #2 and removed introduction