Excursion To Spencer 20Th May 2018

gav240z

• Administrators
Z CAR CLUB OF SYDNEY
All Auszcar members invited

Excursion 20 th May – Spencer ( near Gosford)
Itinerary
  • Meet at McDonalds Thornleigh to form a convoy
  • Leave at 9.30am
  • Arrive at “Pie in the Sky”
  • Leave at 10.45 am
  • Arrive Spencer at approx. 12.00 midday for lunch
  • Meals are between $7 - $20

Spencer route map.jpg

Hi guys thanks for your interest at the moment we have approximately 11 cars with 17 people from Z Car Club Sydney 

I should be a good run we'll meet at McDonald's at Thornleigh at 9 a.m. then leave by 9:30 head up the freeway turn off at the Berowra exit onto the Old Pacific Hwy head towards old tollgate area.

Then onto  "The Pie in the Sky Cafe" Old Pacific Hwy at Cowan for coffee. Departing at say 10:45am for the run to Spencer which should take about 1 hour and 5 minutes on the Old Pacific Highway all the way through Mount White, on to  Mangrove Mountain then down to Spencer General Store for lunch arriving approximately around 12 p.m it is quite a scenic and fun run particularly for those who enjoy driving ! 

We will need to book tables they are set out on the old Wharf overlooking that part of the river it's a very beautiful spot .

There is no set menu they do hamburgers wraps bacon egg rolls anywhere ranging from $7 to about $20 I believe there is nothing over $20 a meal. It is probably more than a cafe that a restaurant it is simple food that I can vouch for it it is good

Anyway anyone interested let me know numbers i can book.

• Administrators

Can you put me down as tentative? I would like to attend in my RX-7 but am wanting to do some work on the brakes (rebuild) before then and install (rebuilding a set of calipers off the car), so hoping it will be installed, working and ready to go by then!

yep no worries Gav I have spoken to Andrew at the Spencer General store and fine with a few extras and asked me to let him know week before. Should be a good run.looking foward to it.

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hi

Sadly, I’m out. Family friends have arrived from Perth and want to see me.

Have a great drive, weather forcast is looking positive.

Cheers

PB

• PB260Z unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

“Hi Guys sorry for the delay in the not responding earlier and due to the collision involving my vehicle on this day I have not been opal mentally and emotionally to respond to this post. However it was a good day it started out well at McDonald's at Thornleigh with a considerable number of vehicles 10 in total(6 s30s,  1 s130, 2 z33s, 1 z34 and a 280c ).

After after a short chat in viewing other classic vehicles in the McDonald's car park we proceed it onwards to the old tollgate area at Berowra 4 shortstop and a quick couple of photos . We then moved on to The Pie in the sky cafe and a long cruisy Drive took over about an hour on the old highway up towards mangrove Mountain then winding down the other side towards Spencer. I'm sure that the guys that were involved on the day enjoy themselves it was a very enjoyable run and a beautiful location thank you to everybody who came and that was involved.

I would personally like to thank those people that assisted me on the day and I hope we can all meet up again soon, at the moment I'm looking for another vehicle and are finding it difficult to replace the vehicle I had.”

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0352.JPG

• Administrators
1 hour ago, arbs said:

I would personally like to thank those people that assisted me on the day and I hope we can all meet up again soon, at the moment I'm looking for another vehicle and are finding it difficult to replace the vehicle I had.”

Hope it wasn't an S30Z?

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that, I'm guessing it's not salvageable? 2+2s have certainly become harder to find (in decent restorable shape).

• Moderators

Really sorry to what happened, I had heard a rumour but was hoping it was only a mnor scratch.

Good luck finding a replacement, good cars are around but getting harder to find - are you looking for another Z or something else ?

I am looking for another Z  but as weve already got a  260z  2seater  (belongs to my son) on a rotisseri its a bit hard to find space for another resto and theres so much cars in poor condition replacing this vehicle and the condition it was in is difficult.

I really want something ready to go! and in Red!

53 minutes ago, gav240z said:

Sorry to hear that, I'm guessing it's not salvageable? 2+2s have certainly become harder to find (in decent restorable shape).

Yes the front end and rear quarter  however the rear appears to be twisted Dont particularly feel like posting pics of the wreck .However passenger side is relatively undamaged most of impact is on the drivers door, OSR quarter , strut tower, and wheel.  Can email pics

• Moderators

Understand. 

Good used 2+2’s do come along from time to time & Colour can be changed.

IF you don’t mind me asking, were you insured and if so.

- Who with

- How was the claims experience.

we have plenty of questions about Z insurance, but (fortunately) limited experience with claim.

Cheers

PB

• Moderators
3 hours ago, arbs said:

Shannons and I highly recommend them ! I Ive got the wreck 

Thanks, Likewise I have had a great experience with Shannons.

I also had a terrible experience with another company over the same incident.

Cheers

PB