FINALLY GOT EM, MY NEW WHEELS

Toecutter

Hi Guys

I just signed up to this site and I wish this site a lot of success. Now, the reason I signed up is to complement Sulio on some niiiice wheels, bro. You know how much the local ROH rep wants for these? $680 Canadian each plus GST, shipping included.

Cheers,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Dat260. Thats quite a mark up. CAD$680 works out to AUD$785. I assume your GST would be about 10% which brings your buy price to AUD$863 per wheel!!! phew thats alot. It cost me about half that per wheel but I suppose duty & shipping adds to the cost.

It would be interesting to find out how much shipping would be for just four wheels to Canada or the USA. The weight would be approx 60kG and dimensions of 150mmx70mmx70mm for the four wheels packed.

There you go Dat260 something to have a think about. PM me if you want further details, I would be happy to help you out if there is anything that could be organised on my end!

Cheers

Sulio

• 1 year later...

i just thought i may as well bitch and moan about the fact i still dont have my wheels with them not arriving on the last date i was told by ROH which was the 26th of april (was ment to b the 3rd of march i think, so before that date i was told it could be any day), which is basically a month after the first new set arrivial date they gave me of the 28th of march, since then they have ment to arrive about 3 times and havn't, but they gave me a much better update last week and said that this week would b it...and its not.

i ordered the wheels on the 6th of december, knowning they wouldnt start being made till the 15th of jan, so i'd get them late feb early march. they stopped making the wheels at the start of feb as they thought they guy had done a runner, as i thought later on when i called to c how far off they were to find the company had closed. although even with this delay they have had about 10 weeks to manufacture wheels they claim take 5-6 weeks. all i can say is that they had better have a perfect surface finish...apparently the wheels aren't powdercoated which i'm a bit surprised at, although i'm sure they have a reason for this, i'm assuming its as they are only cast they dont want to heat them up? so to some degree now i'm wondering if watanabes are better value for money, but i'll be happy with these for hopefully longer than i've wanted for them for...so a pretty long time!

i feel sorry for the vic roh guys though as they are nice helpful guys, and helped me get in contact with the shop again (which in a way doesn't make any sense as the reason they stopped making them was they coudlnt get in contact with him...) just i'm not to sure whats going on in their company! any ideas on what i should do? the only reason i care is if i'm defected for bald tires again i'm going to b annoyed that its because of them taking so long (although if i had the rims i'd prob be defected for them so...)

• 4 weeks later...

went and picked them up at last, without seeing dom, and he hasn't returned my call so i'm thinking he probably isn't a good person to go through if anyone else is after a set...

i got tyres for them but they are a winter style tread, they were cheap and had the most thread left, and i assume they'd b quite a hard rubber so should last awhile? hopefully i'll get some nicer ones next time

i've stuck the front on the rears for now as they only stick out half an inch lol

post-83-144023475282_thumb.jpg

they are identical sizes to what you have sulio but they dont seem to have as much of a stretch as i remember your's having...mayb its because they are winter tyres so are wider than normal...but hey if they last me winter i'm happy enough :D (ppl at work commented saying they look like 4wd tyres in terms of the pattern on them) or i'll check back in there sometime and if they have some better ones i'll leave these sitting in the corner at my place. most of the other ones they had, had that little tread left on them i'd have to go back there in a month or get defected...

better photos will come in daylight, and since i dont get home before its dark and to lazy to get up earlier that may b in awhile...i might even hold off until all 4 rims are on there along with the flares

i think the centres of the wheels are slightly different to you'rs sulio as machineing them to suit the new centre caps was one of their excuses for why it took over 100 days to make them...

yeah a lame excuse on their behalf i know! the sad thing is the front centre caps dont fit on as from the mounting face of hte wheel to the inside of hte cap is 50mm and the zed hub sticks out 65mm...atleast on my car, the worst thing about this is one of the wheels they machined after powdercoating so it looks a bit hack, i'm wondering what their solution is going to be...i guess i'll find out monday...

well i just got home to a camera at last and thought i may as well take some pics even though the flares are just on there with gaffa lol, i'll fix it up tomorrow and hopefully find my bro's dslr, wash the car and get some better pics :D there are only so many things to hold the camera anywhere near steady enough, specially when its cold amoungst other reasons...

post-83-144023475357_thumb.jpg

post-83-144023475362_thumb.jpg

post-83-144023475366_thumb.jpg

i think it was due to the slope my car was sitting on before, i can't work out if its higher or what!

the rear flares dont seem to completely cover the rear wheels, well not as well as i remember your's covering them, like its only just wider then the wheels at the widest point

Much of that would depend on how much stretch you have on the rear tyres, keep in mind that alot of guys that use this configuration with 16" Wats use 245's at the back. Of course thats an easier fit on a 16". Trying to fit "low" series tyres in 245's on a 17" rim is harder. When I was getting my front tyres fitted I notices three 225 width tyres that looked different widths to each other. Initially I thought it was just a visual trick to the eye but the first set of 225's we tried to mount on the rim would't fit right as the machine could'nt get it on but the second set of 225's, (diff brand), which did look slightly wider fit nicley.

Can you show us more pics from various other angles like from the top. Are you sure the flare is sitting down low enough on the body?

yeah i think i ended up drilling the holes to mount them a bit higher up than where they are taped on in those pics, so the bottom of the flares sit just below the standard guards line. they might look a bit high in that side on picture as i was resting the camera on the ground. they do look a bit on the high side but i want to have my car look low coz it is low, not just low thanks to the flare height, and wanted the front and back sitting about the same height above that visual line that goes down the side of the car. so the top of the flares are sitting around the same height as the middle of the door handle

the only problem is just drilling one of the holes i drilled straight into copper...and now my rear parkers dont work :( since i'm not going to cut the guards myself i can't think of an easy way to repair this besides run new wires from up near the dash to the back for them, or see if they'll solder it up?

well i mounted the rear flares up to high, i'm blamming the ground it was sitting on at the time and the main side i was playing with was the drivers side which is about 15mm lower than the other, and i had a full tank of fuel, and i was reading the stuff on hybridz about them mounting them 3inches above the guards so mine still didn't seem that high, but now i've gone through lots of pics of jap cars there is no way they are up 3"...so i'm guessing its going to start to look way to high when its empty.

so i figure i have two solutions

1 get the holes welded along with the antenna hole and front indicators and paint the car which i was kind of going to do anyway as most would know, but i'm liking the green with the flares, hence y i didn't paint it before i got the wheels...

2 get coilovers in which case i think i could just leave them the height they are at and lower the hell out of the car, in which case i dont care about the scratches on my car.

3 buy another set of rear flares and use a thicker rubber bit around it. i orginally cut off the little lip around the body side of the flares as i thought it was excess material from them being made, and the rubber i'm using is a "T" which sits really well with this lip being cut off, however using the "p" shape would give me about another cm overall so i could lower them a bit that way, althoguh it would only lower the wheel gap

i can't think of anythign else, and yes i'm naturally pissed off at myself lol

i like option 2 as atleast its an upgrade :D plus my car never sat at the height i wanted it too, ie this is a picture of it with 225/45's on the rear. the gap with the flares on is less than this but yeah, i want less now...

normal_rear_wheel.jpg