FINALLY GOT EM, MY NEW WHEELS

Toecutter

After a 6 week wait I've finally got my new 17" ROH wheels. 8.5 inch for the front and 9.5 inch at rear to be mounted with 225 front and 255 at rear. Looking forward to picking up the freshly painted ZG flares this coming week to fit all that rubber under. Hopefully they'll be on the car by next week!

Sulio

post-4-144023468565_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023468573_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

All I can say is "WOW". You know I really need to keep my mouth shut everytime I mention what look I'm gonna do with my car you seem to go out and do it Sulio :D .

I must say it looks unreal Flares here I come :).

Are you happy Sulio?

Phwoah! They look the goods!

Be interested to see how much rubber you can squeeze under there. I'm not too keen on the ZG flares as most of the pics I've seen look like they require seriously undersized rubber just so they can run wide rims. Sillyness in my book.

255 on 9.5 is about right though. Keen to see pics.

Dave

when i first saw pics of fairlady's i thought normal zeds looked nicer, then i saw those white ones with flares and started to like the flares more and more, and this just makes me want them, hehe, and now the more i look at fairlady's the more i like the gnose...

the gloss black looks nice, specially with the stripe down your car, i'd definately get a front spoiler as nate said...but hey, thats the one thing i actully have done hehe!

Oh putting that first hole in was hard but there was no looking back after that and with the way it looks I can't imagine ever wanting to take the flares off. For those of you thinking about going the flared set up I beleive Ash (ZR240) is about to start making to order some of these bits like, ZG flares, BRE rear fin and he's shown me at least three moulds he has for making front spoilers for Z's. I'm trying to sort out which spoiler to get from him and wether the rear fin is the look I want.

Gav you mentioned the grey SR240 has added the rear fin, I checked site but his photos are all as before!??

Oh and if anybody is curious about how much it would cost to get the flares, rims, tyres. I managed to do it for just over $2500 which I think is reasonable considering the dramatic difference it makes.

Cheers

Sulio

post-4-144023468765_thumb.jpg

i still say that it need sto be lowered another inch.... hello full blown coil over setup....

sulio.... can we please get some rear end shots, i wanna see the fat guards with the fat tyres...

also, was there any cutting needed for the flares... and say u lowered more will u need to cut rear wheel arch or not...

here's some links to the pics of that car with the spoiler, there's atleast one more but u can't really see it at all in it...

side on http://www.sr240z.com/srpictures/29.jpg

front corner http://www.sr240z.com/srpictures/27.jpg

my background alternates between these :D

hmmm $2500 is like half of wat i paid for my car...but sure is sexy, just outta curiosity did something happen to the very back of your stripe along the side? is that stripe painted or a sticker? (i put gaffa on the side of mine the other day to see what it would look like with the rust covered with black, talk about quality hehe)

i still say that it need sto be lowered another inch.... hello full blown coil over setup....

sulio.... can we please get some rear end shots, i wanna see the fat guards with the fat tyres...

also, was there any cutting needed for the flares... and say u lowered more will u need to cut rear wheel arch or not...

Going lower would mean coil overs. Maybe at some point in the future.

I'll add some pics to this thread that show clearance with tyres minus flares and the rear shot you asked for. I'm running lowered king springs. I took it for a spin on the freeway today and it rubs on even small bumps. I will definatley need to cut the guards away even at the height it sits now. I am planning to do this as soon as possible.

hmmm $2500 is like half of wat i paid for my car...but sure is sexy, just outta curiosity did something happen to the very back of your stripe along the side? is that stripe painted or a sticker? (i put gaffa on the side of mine the other day to see what it would look like with the rust covered with black, talk about quality hehe)

I would say $2500 is very good. The Pirelli's for the rear I managed to source as 90% tread for a good price. I beleive they sell for about $500 a tyre new price. My point being it could quite easily cost you 4-5K if you don't shop around.

The stripe is a sticker. I pulled the small bit off at rear to fit flares.

thanks for the links evan.

post-4-144023468771_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023468778_thumb.jpg

post-4-144023468785_thumb.jpg

yeah i was thinking they musta been some expensive tyres, i was thinking for $2500 you must of not been including the rubber, so i was thinking it must of been some expensive paint hehe, so guess it aint bad at all, specially for the look it now has!

can u see any colour difference from there being a sticker over the paint?

also about your rear lights, from looking at the panel behind my lights i'm just wondering if you had to join the previous holes [the main hole and the reverse light hole] that were there?

yeah i was thinking they musta been some expensive tyres, i was thinking for $2500 you must of not been including the rubber, so i was thinking it must of been some expensive paint hehe, so guess it aint bad at all, specially for the look it now has!

can u see any colour difference from there being a sticker over the paint?

also about your rear lights, from looking at the panel behind my lights i'm just wondering if you had to join the previous holes [the main hole and the reverse light hole] that were there?

Nah their was no colour difference under the sticker. Evan I swapped out the 260 lights and covered the reverse light hole. It was actually a very easy job. I do want to take them apart again though because I have bought some nice 3-4mm spongly rubber to make some new gaskets up for the rear lights.

damn, it looks right on the money... yer to go lower u will need to cut difinately, and i don't think u have full suspension travel,... better not go over a pot hole with those rear hehe....

does it handle heaps better with the wider track or not

As far as handling goes it does feel good but it is very hard to say because I have'nt really been able to go very hard in corners so I guess I'll find out once the guards are sorted.

However I have been very surprised by the steering, I expected it to be much heavier but I actually feel no difference. I guess it's only a 10mm wider tyre since the old ones were 215's at front anyhow.

I tried on a front spoiler at Ash's house that I made my mind up on. He's getting it ready over the next two weeks. One thing I noticed with the addition of the front spoiler was how much lower it made the car appear. I don't think I'll be going any lower, not for some time anyway.

Nate, wheres your car at. When are you expecting to have the paint done?

I spoke to Gav today and he told me he spotted some 17" ROH modena wheels in QLD that he really likes. You should rush out and beat him to the set up! :wink: :wink: :P

Cheers

Sulio