Cory

3D Printing Cowl Panel Plugs (Backyard Engineers Required)

After getting a quote for 5 of the cowl panel plastic plugs shipped from the US (~$80AU) I'm onto looking at alternatives.

I run a small 3D printing and design service, the parts would be able to be printed no problem I just don't have anything to reference for the design. 

This is where I ask a huge favor from a lucky member with a vernier caliper and a good eye. If anyone is able to take out the plastic plug and sketch up a rough isometric drawing with all relevant dimensions I'd be happy to pay you a little for your time or even send you a couple sets if they work.

I just looked on ebay. $21.99 for 5x plugs and $14.00 USPS postage. Total of $35.99 USD. So less than $50 AUD.

A lot less time and effort expended to just buy online.

That's my 2 cents worth.

David.

Just an observation, we have someone here interested in reproducing small S30 parts, wouldn't it be an idea to help and encourage him? 

Posted (edited)

You're right David. Luckily I've found someone in Aus who's happy to part with a set. 

To anyone ending up here in the future plug-less, contact me and I'll make you up a set. Need to pay forward the hospitality of the forum. 

Edited by Cory

I was gonna say if you need me to measure them I have some to check. Got vernier calipers also!

You guys are too kind. We'll revisit this project when someone else comes along who's as unorganized with their parts as I am  ;)  

Scanning parametric parts is very tricky and has been something I've been keeping my eye on for a long time. 

I had access to a $100k hand held optical 3d scanner at a previous workplace and even that would barely be up to the job!

Posted (edited)

Can you please 3D print my 240Z ;D 

And while you're at it , do one for yourself!

Edited by road rider

That'll be $3.50 thanks.