Sign in to follow this  
600Z

260Z Falcon Xf Rear Discs

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has fitted falcon xf rear discs on a zed? I see skipets here and there about them being fitted to them but I can’t find any details.

Cheers,

Justin

I seen a 240Z with the conversion, but I didn't look at it intently enough to see 'how' it's done.
IIRC they are disc over drum?

From what I have seen unless there are a couple of different types there similar to the R31 etc with the park brake setup in the calipers as well

I’m after a decent setup for my wife’s 2+2 as the slivermine stage 4 kit I have for it won’t fit under the Simmons.

I’m looking at the Commodore conversion for the front of it as I’m thinking they will clear.

Edited by 600Z

Looked at early Falcon rear brakes back in my S30 days, from what I recall there were two models with handbrake calipers, one had a pretty decent rotor bigger than the alternatives.

Yes the XF ones I’m looking at are ventilated 24mm thick 287mm diameter so combined with the commodore front it should be a pretty good setup I’d think.

I got half way through the conversion, use the XF alloy mounts redrilled, probably start with reco calipers as the brake pins are a bastard to take on and off

had the alloy mounts redrilled and maybe hole opened up? a rx7 rear brake setup came up for sale so bought and fitted it.

Rally  guys used these apparently good

on Hybrid z Tonycharger72 detailed his setup

I’d be interested to know more about your rx7 brake setup, did you use rx7 front and rear? if you could post a link to the hybridz thread would be great too.

Thanks

Mick