[Sold] - 240Z - Early Girl

Warky

I have recently acquired my late fathers 240Z HS30- 32# from memory, cant remember the last number.

I restored this with my father in 2000, unfortunately for the last 5 years it has been sitting in a less then ideal location and time has taken its toll on the body. 

The good news is the engine numbers match the body plates and it has the original E31 head. Has the vents in the tail gate, no too boxes etc. a true early girl.

Interior is mostly complete, i think the grill is missing from the exterior.

Basically i am looking for someone to make me an offer that will break my sentimental ties to it.

If anyone is interested in am located about an hour and half north west of Brisbane.

I am able to take any photos you like and discuss over the phone for serious buyers.

If anyone is interested please send me an email warklor@gmail.com

Model:240z
Price and Payment Conditions: cash on pickup.
Item Condition: as per above
Body: Serious rust issues
Mechanical: Running 
Engineers Certificate: no need all original 
Pictures: On Request
Contact Details: Email

Edited by Warky

Hi all,

I am not looking for open bidding to drive up the price. I just want a fair price.

I am posting here because you should all know the only value in this is the matching numbers.

I am running it as silent tender and will sell to the best offer / someone who will do right by the old girl.

Pictures here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/WFeoiEDh4idSQq342

Edited by Warky

• Administrators

If you get $3.5 - 4.5k you're doing well... That needs a whole lotta love. Probably worth that in parts to be honest.

Great for someone with little money and lots of time and expertise.

Yes holy feck - where has it been parked the last dozen years, next to the ocean? Hardly anything salvageable on that.

I think Peter T's valuation is far closer to the mark then Gav's.

You know it's rough when Gav's not championing saving it...

Yes, but he still thinks it's worth at least $3.5K.....!!!!!

Edited by gilltech

It was a sad day when I found it  :( 

Wow, I can just imagine. My condolences, I'd be gutted too.

Are there any floors and chassis rails left or are they pretty much eaten away too?

The wheels look like 280ZX and the radiator is not Zed. Did you and your dad put those on?

The orange ratchet strap - is that just to secure the lower guards?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's an interesting one.....

Edited by gilltech

From memory the motor was worked when we rebuilt it.

Lightened flywheel crank, camed up, port and polish. Head had to be welded and reseated etc.

He wanted a bigger radiator, I think its a 3 core out an old V8 of some sort.

The mags I have no idea.

• Administrators

Gavin, buy it for the hatch vents

LOL, it's those blue interiors that get me! Not the vents. :)

PS: Warky - Did you manage to confirm what the chassis no. is? Would be great to know engine no. and it's original colour (if you know what it was?) I enter the information into a register.

Yeah chassis number is 327 - I originally thought it was blue from memory.

But the the way they paint has pealed on the room that is orange under there.

<will edit in engine number later>

you can add 571 as well.

We restored 571 before this and I drove it daily for 15 years, parked it for 2 and then sold it to someone at the gold coast in 2014.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p1dFX7RKKZB8yR8z2

• Administrators

Changed my mind. You pay me $500 and I will come and tow it away. Can't be too careful I would have to upgrade my Tetnis  shots.

Ok, ok let's all play nice.

FWIW, HS30 00340 is being restored and it looked in similar shape.

https://goo.gl/photos/g9ieJBGgJ4YuLpbA7

Best way to fix said car, import a relatively straight and cheap HLS30 from the US and cut it up for sections to rebuild an HS30.

Never place a cover over your car outside, this is the end result. So many people fall for this same mistake over & over... "I'll just throw a tarp over it to protect it from the harsh elements". So much condensation builds up under there, depending on how long it's covered you'll be lucky to find a car under it.

Best way to fix said car, import a relatively straight and cheap HLS30 from the US and cut it up for sections to rebuild an HS30.

Why sacrifice a perfectly good HLS30 for a completely rusted away HS30? Just because it's 'low numbers'?

The reality is that precious little would actually remain of the original HS30 by the time it's all repaired, by the time half the shell is replaced - seriously!!!, all the bolt-on panels are replaced, and all the interior is replaced as it's all buggered and rotten too. Who knows what shape all the mechanicals are in. Huge amounts of time, effort and $$$ and the final result may well turn out to be a nice car but not 'collectable' as it would be too un-original.

Cut up the rusty HS30 for what few parts can be saved to help with restoration or repair of other cars, but keep the firewall & steering for a RHD conversion on the imported HLS30.

Put the two cars alongside each other then you tell me which one you'll want to play with.

Sorry, don't mean to rain on the parade, but practicality should prevail. The rusty car can live on by assisting with other projects.