New Webers?

ScottyB

So I have only envisioned putting triple Mikuni Carbs in my 240z. With current auction prices in Japan for even good 40's now, I'm looking at the new 45mm Weber kit option.

Any real world experience with these and do they sound anywhere near as good?

http://www.weberperformance.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=2_62&products_id=233

Cheers

• Administrators

I believe sound is as good, the difference is that drivability wise I'm told the Mikuni/Solex are far better!

I have a pair of Type R Mikuni 40mm carbs I'd sell for around $800-$900 mark... just need to find a third carb. Last 1 I was trying to get sold for $500+ (but it was close to NOS in condition).

Yeah that's what I was hoping to get feedback on - drivability/tunability of the new Webers.

I had a quality setup of 40's with manifold last year that I moved on - kicking myself now. However, 44's or 45's are what I have decided on if I'm going to pull the trigger on triples.

I've just returned from a nice round 30km cruise, freeway and traffic, hassle free. Ain't nothing like the sound of webers on a cold morning.

My webers where installed in 2009 and jetted & tuned properly just once.. do it once , do it properly.

Webers easy to tune, if you know the tricks once you get them synchronised will stay that way long term.

Don't have any experience with the others just webers so I can't compare them. If you do get webers (I have 45's as well), get the later model ie do not get DCOE 152.... get the 152g. The difference being they have an extra Progression hole and makes driving (opening the throttle from idle) much better.

If you go his road I can give you some starting points.

Cheers

Edited by Roady

• Administrators

Gav - fairly sure I have a spare Mikuni 40mm Type R lying around, so just let me know if it's worth making a set for someone.

I think my pair would be more attractive as a set of 3. Perhaps PM me what you want for it if you're willing to sell it?

• Administrators

Does it matter if mikunis are "matched"?

I have seen alot of pairs for sale one ebay recently, dont really know whats what though...

Yes, jet blocks can be different homogenous vs independent and then of course jets could be different etc.. Using a mix and match approach would just be a recipe for trouble later on.

• 2 months later...