Wanted: Rear Louver 260Z 2+2

BNE

• 2 weeks later...

I had one on a 260 and the mounting was quite simple. It had metal z plates for mounting. One end of the clip went between the glass and rubber and the other end sat out above the glass. The louvre just attached to the metal clip with rivets or screws. This is the way they used to attach.

post-105904-0-72881700-1505474781_thumb.jpg

I was wrong. Mine had z clips but I found these and I recall now that they were mounted with these.

Mounts that just stick on the window $40 for a set on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aunger-Louvre-Fitting-Kit-Rear-Louvre-Mounting-Clips-/142500091426?hash=item212daad622:g:tY4AAOSwqfNXnCUH

Now a 30 year old plastic louvre for a less than common car that's still in one piece, that will be a challenge.

• Administrators

That NZ TradeMe one is the plastic variety, lots of early Zeds in NZ had them, several different types some fixed but I saw one type that was hinged for window cleaning, again some were better than others at not blocking so much rearward view. I can't decide if I like them or not, but I like the look of Locklock's aluminium one better, looks fabricated not plastic moulded.

• 2 weeks later...